2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

I don't think Gasol is being underrated, totally fair to think in a rushed season that a 36 year old center with a decent amount of mileage on him will start to break down. Won't surprise me if Lakers aren't the one seed given how much they'll rest people. Age catches up to everyone, no matter how the advanced stats look

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

idk, i don't even think so. the celtics reddit was whining about potentially signing millsap because "playing grant would be better" 

You can find people who you shouldn’t talk basketball with anywhere. Reddit and Twitter are no different.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

You can find people who shouldn’t talk basketball anywhere. Reddit and Twitter are no different.

i actually like that you're playing the homer part, the pit is no good if people aren't arguing. all the magic fans back when dwight was here, nyraider with duke and jazz, simonwayne, cavs fans/lebron posters. this place ain't fun when people are complimenting each other's teams. ah, yes and rammy, too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

idk wtf BORD value is that hollinger is talking about, but he thinks whiteside will be paid half his actual value. 

For those who are uninterested in the long take, here’s the short one: I merged three widely available player ratings into a cocktail that I call BORG (Big Ol’ Rating) to estimate each player’s value on a per-possession basis. I then used that rating and an estimate of each player’s likely minutes to determine a dollar value for his 2020-21 season, his BORD$ (Big Ol’ Rating Dollars).That value depends on the cap being the same as it was in 2019-20; if it changes, we’ll adjust the dollar values accordingly.”

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

i actually like that you're playing the homer part, the pit is no good if people aren't arguing. all the magic fans back when dwight was here, nyraider with duke and jazz, simonwayne, cavs fans/lebron posters. this place ain't fun when people are complimenting each other's teams. ah, yes and rammy, too.

Word. I agree rammy is good at that lol. I don’t need to play nice and have everybody like me. You guys aren’t my friends or family. If my opinions ruffle a few feathers, then so be it. I don’t expect a lot of people to agree with me, especially not on the Lakers. It is what it is. Everyone can have an opinion, but that doesn’t mean some aren’t bad.