2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Like seriously who would take that Celtics offer over the Bucks? Maybe you can argue for the Hawks offer if it’s true, but not that Celtics offer lol.

uhhhh because bledsoe and hill are non assets and the picks won't be valuable? lottery picks better than late 1sts? idk, youre the one who knows good moves! 

4 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I think the Pelicans took the worst package of the packages reported, imo. 14/26/30 and Hayward for Jrue?  6/Huerter/Dedmon for Jrue? 

They have to really think highly of Bledsoe

The Atlanta offer is nice, but I still think the Bucks offer was the best. 

I wasn't that high on this draft and I honestly think the difference between the 6th player taken and the 13th player taken is minimal in this year's draft. Also, outside of that article where is it reported that Atlanta was offering this package. I know I saw a Pelicans beat writer come up with a trade similar to that, but he had the Hawks getting back 13.

14 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

uhhhh because bledsoe and hill are non assets and the picks won't be valuable? lottery picks better than late 1sts? idk, youre the one who knows good moves! 

Bledsoe, after this season, should be tradeable. He will have two years remaining and the final year is only partially guaranteed.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I like what New Orleans did with the exception of trading for Adams.

Agreed. Outside of that trade and extension I've liked everything he has done. Even the Adam's trade, despite how poor of a fit I think it is, makes sense to a degree with how Griff wants to build the culture. 

• Like 1

Just now, JMG5 said:

The Celtics offer is horrible. Why in the hell would we want to pay Hayward?

Idk if they could have traded Hayward before his option was exercised, but if you're looking to compete this year, Hayward is a better fit next to Adams/Zion and a 34 mil expiring is a pretty big asset given FAs will want to play with Zion. You don't pay Hayward, but I'd take cap space over a pretty bad fit next to your franchise cornerstone in Zion. 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

Idk if they could have traded Hayward before his option was exercised, but if you're looking to compete this year, Hayward is a better fit next to Adams/Zion and a 34 mil expiring is a pretty big asset given FAs will want to play with Zion. You don't pay Hayward, but I'd take cap space over a pretty bad fit next to your franchise cornerstone in Zion. 

We don't really know how the fit will be (though I do think someone who can space the floor is better). Zion played great alongside Favors. That was one of the most productive lineups we had last season.

Hayward would've probably been flipped in all honestly and in this year's draft I don't think the picks Boston offered had much value. At least with the Bucks picks (which aren't until 2024-2027) there could be value if Giannis leaves or if they have an injury. The final picked they received will be unprotected a year after Giannis's supermax (assuming he signs it).

7 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Guess I'm the only one who would prefer a lottery pick to Bledsoe being the biggest asset coming in

You don't turn down two future unprotected firsts and two pick swaps. Especially since they should be during the years where your core should be reaching their primes. Those are valuable trade assets down the line that could turn into high picks if things go poorly for the Bucks.

Edited by JMG5

Just now, JMG5 said:

We don't really know how the fit will be (though I do think someone who can space the floor is better). Zion played great alongside Favors. That was one of the most productive lineups we had last season.

Hayward would've probably been flipped in all honestly and in this year's draft I don't think the picks Boston offered had much value. At least with the Bucks picks (which aren't until 2024-2027) there could be value if Giannis leaves or if they have an injury. The final picked they received will be unprotected a year after Giannis's supermax (assuming he signs it).

I think we can imagine a career 33 percent shooter will be a poor fit next to Zion. At least if you did keep Hayward, he's a playmaker that can space the floor. Sure, I guess a pick in 7 years could be decent lol. Adding Nesmith or Cole Anthony adds more value than even Bledsoe, imo. I just think a non shooting guard next to Zion is gross entirely 

22 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I like Jrue, but they got A LOT in return for him, because the Bucks needed him bad to make Giannis happy and really compete for a title this year after what happened against the Heat and I still think there is a good chance that Giannis leaves in FA after this season and if that happens the Bucks will be a dumpster fire and those picks will be EXTREMELY valuable and could turn the Pelicans franchise around so much that if they use the assets well they could have a really bright future. Now is it a guarantee? Nah. Maybe Giannis is loyal even if this season is a disappointment. Plus, even if they are later first round picks I'll still take that over the all 3 of Boston's first round picks (14, 26, 30) and Gordon Hayward. I don't even think twice about that one. As far as that Atlanta deal this draft class wasn't that great and could they get a pretty good player at 6? Sure. Hueter is cool. But, I'm still taking my chances and taking the haul the Bucks gave them.

We'll just have to agree to disagree here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

You don't turn down two future unprotected firsts and two pick swaps. Especially since they should be during the years where your core should be reaching their primes. Those are valuable trade assets down the line that could turn into high picks if things go poorly for the Bucks.

It isn't as if adding young rookies to your core in their prime is a great fit, either, unless you're imaging they'll be traded for vets.

Edited by Troy Brown

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

I think we can imagine a career 33 percent shooter will be a poor fit next to Zion. At least if you did keep Hayward, he's a playmaker that can space the floor. Sure, I guess a pick in 7 years could be decent lol. Adding Nesmith or Cole Anthony adds more value than even Bledsoe, imo. I just think a non shooting guard next to Zion is gross entirely 

Bledsoe is a marginally better shooter than Jrue and he honestly doesn't even have to start (though he probably will). We just drafted a PG that can actually shoot better than him in Kira.

• Like 1