2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Shhhheeeeeeeit. If Whitehead is a dinosaur at 31.....we just signed Gasol - who'll be 36 in January.
Our inside game's gonna change big time. That'll happen to you when you lose two 7'ers - but its on my "concerned" radar.
Last year - we could dominate inside the paint - and clean the boards.

I've no info on Devontae Cacok other than he's listed as a 6'8/240# C. Probably too slow to be a PF. I've never laid eyes on him.  If Whitehead would accept the vet minimum (not happening....but I'm a fan and we're allowed to be somewhat delusional) - I'd be all for it.  I like his size and stats (which would be an upgrade over either Dwight or McGee).

naw i meant a dinousaur in his skillset 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

naw i meant a dinousaur in his skillset 

What......is a jump shot a foreign object to him and he's pretty much just slam it home?
Though I watched the POR/LAL series......I cant recall him doing anything of note.  I'm just going by his stats.

Just now, Leader said:

What......is a jump shot a foreign object to him and he's pretty much just slam it home?
Though I watched the POR/LAL series......I cant recall him doing anything of note.  I'm just going by his stats.

he actually can hit open jumpshots, he ain't gonna spot up or anything. he's a defensive liability in space but one of the best rim protectors in the league and one of the better rebounders in the league. just slow and lacks motivation most of the time. i have been told that i give him too much credit, tho

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

About signing Whitehead at the minimum? Probably so. Still....it would be a nice finishing touch.

No. Just your posts about concerns about the Lakers. There have been a few of them and they aren’t warranted. We’ll be fine. Deep breaths. We just won a title and killed the offseason. This is about as good of a position we could ask for going into the season next month to repeat.

As far as Whiteside I feel like he’s probably seeking more money than the vet min we could offer. Also, not sure how I would feel bringing him into our locker room even if he’s better than the other options at center out there, but Dwight turned out good. We could look at Dewayne Dedmon and Taj Gibson for one of those last roster spots.

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

he actually can hit open jumpshots, he ain't gonna spot up or anything. he's a defensive liability in space but one of the best rim protectors in the league and one of the better rebounders in the league. just slow and lacks motivation most of the time. i have been told that i give him too much credit, tho

Okay. Good info that I didnt know.
He's not coming our way anyway.....but I wouldnt mind it if he did.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

No. Just your posts about concerns about the Lakers. There have been a few of them and they aren’t warranted. We’ll be fine. Deep breaths. We just won a title and killed the offseason. This is about as good of a position we could ask for going into the season next month to repeat.

Thats a complete misread. I'm fine with the roster changes. Just discussing them and how it will change the character of the team.
I'm less enthused about Gasol and at 36 coming in.....I hope he's got something left. No deep breaths required but thanks for the concern.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Thats a complete misread. I'm fine with the roster changes. Just discussing them and how it will change the character of the team.
I'm less enthused about Gasol and at 36 coming in.....I hope he's got something left. No deep breaths required but thanks for the concern.

Our rebounding will be fine. Our defense will be fine.You’re vastly underrating Gasol. I’m not sure how much of these guys you’ve watched.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Our rebounding will be fine. Our defense will be fine.You’re vastly underrating Gasol.

Good to know.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m not sure how much of these guys you’ve watched.

Enough to have a qualified opinion and ask questions where necessary. Thanks again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Qualified opinion? 🤔

And, you’re free to ask questions and yes the character of our team will be a bit different with the guys we brought in.

Carry on then.

You like to banter (borderline argue....) with folks endlessly. I dont have the need. Your points have been made....and yes, understood. Thanks.