2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

I know the Hornets aren't the most popular forum topic but I'm a fan and I'm sticking to it.

This article is spot on for my feelings on the Hayward signing:

Hornets free agency news: Making sense of the Gordon Hayward signing - At The Hive

What I'm worried about now is the the rumblings of any sign and trade between the Hornets and Celtics and needing to involve a 3rd team as the Hornets look to convince a team to take Batum outright and avoid having to stretch him.   I can get onboard (I guess I already have) with signing Hayward to a massive contract and stretching Batum as they'll still have plenty of cap space next year to bring in another Bogdanavic type player (because no better tier FA is signing in Charlotte w/o $30 mil per in hand) and they don't lose anything but cap space to do so.   What I'll be upset about is signing Hayward and then offloading any type of asset they have -- picks, Zeller, Rozier to move Batum.   My opinion will turn quickly if they compound their problems by losing assets like Rozier that could be moved at the deadline for a late 1st pick & player.   

Overpaying Hayward is bad enough, but overpaying Hayward AND giving up anything for the right to do so would be classic Hornets management

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

@seminoles1 man.... be quiet. I still disagree with your post, but this whole thing isn’t worth discussing further, so you can stop bringing it up now. Thanks. 👌🏻

Me? You literally mentioned me in your post last night. I was staying out of it until you called me back in for no apparent reason.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Me? You literally mentioned me in your post last night. I was staying out of it until you called me back in for no apparent reason.

I wasn’t calling you back into it. I was having a back and forth with beekay and just talking about how this whole thing started.

8 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Overpaying Hayward is bad enough, but overpaying Hayward AND giving up anything for the right to do so would be classic Hornets management

Yep I agree. I didn’t really like the Hayward signing from your guys perspective, but not because of the overpay cause you would have to do that for anybody. I don’t think he will probably get back to the level he was at in Utah, but he did look pretty good at times earlier this year before the shutdown and you gotta hope he just gets back as close to that player as he can. But, I don’t think you are getting a team to take on Batum without like at least one 1st rounder and probably 2 or a bunch of 2nd rounders instead of a second 1st rounder. I would just stretch him and call it a day.

14 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

I know the Hornets aren't the most popular forum topic but I'm a fan and I'm sticking to it.

This article is spot on for my feelings on the Hayward signing:

Hornets free agency news: Making sense of the Gordon Hayward signing - At The Hive

What I'm worried about now is the the rumblings of any sign and trade between the Hornets and Celtics and needing to involve a 3rd team as the Hornets look to convince a team to take Batum outright and avoid having to stretch him.   I can get onboard (I guess I already have) with signing Hayward to a massive contract and stretching Batum as they'll still have plenty of cap space next year to bring in another Bogdanavic type player (because no better tier FA is signing in Charlotte w/o $30 mil per in hand) and they don't lose anything but cap space to do so.   What I'll be upset about is signing Hayward and then offloading any type of asset they have -- picks, Zeller, Rozier to move Batum.   My opinion will turn quickly if they compound their problems by losing assets like Rozier that could be moved at the deadline for a late 1st pick & player.   

I hope yall do. Yall are terrible and I hate you

• Like 2

I guess i'm a Knick's fan now with my fellow UD alumnus Obi Toppin on the team.  This might be the first NBA regular season games I will actively seek out to watch in like a decade.  Are there any Knicks fan on this site?

Edited by THE DUKE

Just now, Troy Brown said:

bro if you watch knicks games, you're just gonna hate the nba. just watch any other team beside the 76ers and knicks and you'll find some modicum of joy

I likely won't watch much, but I'll at least check out a few to see how Obi is adjusting.  I'm a Cincinnati sports fan, i'm more than used to rooting for crappy teams.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I likely won't watch much, but I'll at least check out a few to see how Obi is adjusting.  I'm a Cincinnati sports fan, i'm more than used to rooting for crappy teams.

they ain't just crappy, it's like if the jets and cowboys had drunken sex and they both got pregnant