Chiefs @ Texans

amazingandre

5 minutes ago, Longhorns90 said:

It was KC that called, we were out at that point.

That's what I thought... but they said Texans called TO... I figured it was a mistake

Nice catches by Anderson & Nuk

It looks respectable... but we know better

Offense didn't fire on all cylinders but looked respectable against a really good defense. I'll take that.

Defense we definitely were hurt (literally and figuratively) when Mercilus and Watt went down. We all knew our secondary was **** but that the front 7 may be able to save it a bit. Without those 2 we are really vunerable, and since I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have both for quite a while that is going to be our death blow. Run defense still showed up great tonight though.

Ultimately the Chiefs a great team and championship contenders for a reason so losing this game itself isn't a problem. But those two injuries are going to be a huge and dictate our season. And I am not optimistic about either. We'll be giving up 30+ for the foreseeable future this season.

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention the obligatory ST disaster we had. The decision to punt is debatable, but I'm ok with it. But the coverage was bad as usual. Later Fuller tries to get it back and lets the freaking punter tackle him while being blocked. How is that even possible.

Losing was kind of expected (Chiefs are undefeated for a reason) but losing Watt and Mercilius might be a killshot for our chances. We lived through Watt, but Watt AND Mercilius? I don't think you recover from this.

For once, the offense has to take center stage. Watson, Nuk, Fuller and Miller have to put the team on their shoulders to make a go at it this season. We're seeing glimpses of them being more than capable of doing so, and some of our toughest outings (Seattle, Pittsburgh) look like winnable games now. 

It's on Watson from this point forward. If we win the division or score a WC, it's because Watson willed this team into that spot.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

It's on Watson from this point forward. If we win the division or score a WC, it's because Watson willed this team into that spot.

I don't wanna get my hopes up too much, but if anyone is up for that task, it's Watson.

Nothing on the waiver wire at LE unless we wanna bring Mario Williams or Antonio Smith back. Suspect training wheels come off Watkins and Clowney is back to the line full-time (honestly where he belongs).  Covington/Heath/Dunn are just roster filler there to absorb blocks although Covington/Heath have notched sacks in the past two weeks.  We don't have any d-lineman on practice squad.

If Mercilus is gone there are actually quite a few decent veteran options out there with some left in the tank.  Jarvis Jones, Paul Kruger, Akeem Ayers, Trent Cole,  Lamarr Houston.  Kamalu was active and got some snaps tonight. President looked decent in preseason at LB and is on the Practice Squad.  We also have unknowns Latroy Lewis and Keenan Gilchrist on PS.

Not bothering to address Moore injury here.  Dude should have been left on the tarmac in NE.  Hal & Gilchrist were flat AWFUL again tonight.  Understand the Cromartie signing for ST's but time to ditch Moore or Pleasant for someone who actually can play the safety position like Aaron Williams.  There are decent options out there for the poaching on practice squads including Harlan Miller (Cardinals), Jack Tocho (Vikings), and Ryan Murphy (Giants). 

Banks is not the answer at CB with fundamentals that should have been fixed in high school that are being exploited every week. Leon Hall has lost a step more than Joseph, but at least is a fundamentally sound player.  Don't recall seeing Burley on the field since the Banks signing. Decoud should have been demoted to practice squad out of camp and is just burning a roster spot every week.  Bring back Robert Nelson from the Jets PS or give Dee Virgin as crack at it. 

48 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Watson passed Hunt for Rookie of the Year tonight

Hey - I needed that garbage time gold from Hunt and Hopkins tonight.  Pulled out a win despite bye week garbage Dalton as QB and Gore at RB.  Watson and Hill (returns count double) made up an 80 pt gap vs. 2nd place team with Big Ben/Antonio Brown - Ben with 5 ints/no tds.

1 minute ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Nothing on the waiver wire at LE unless we wanna bring Mario Williams or Antonio Smith back.

I'm actually very OK with this, at a reasonable cost.

2 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Jarvis Jones, Paul Kruger, Akeem Ayers, Trent Cole,  Lamarr Houston

No to each of these names - roster fodder at best, busts in their own right. Cole had nothing left in the tank two seasons ago when he was part of that AJ/Frank Gore FA haul for the Colts. Jones and Kruger were both AFCN rejects and Houston might be in the same boat as Cole.

If you're going to take a gamble on someone, look at the ageless wonder, Dwight Freeney. A steady and unspectacular option would be Chad Greenway.

10 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Kamalu was active and got some snaps tonight. President looked decent in preseason at LB and is on the Practice Squad.  We also have unknowns Latroy Lewis and Keenan Gilchrist on PS.

One of these guys make the most sense, President being the choice I'd run with.

11 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Bring back Robert Nelson from the Jets PS or give Dee Virgin as crack at it.

Co-sign. Secondary needs help in a horrible way.

Someone brought this up earlier (maybe during the Cushing suspension) but we might be at a point to where we start Cunningham and Cole at ILBs and move McKinney to the outside. He's such a talented guy on the inside, but you want to maximize your talent in the front seven, so that means getting two rookies manning the inside and letting McKinney's natural skills and impeccable instincts play the roving body in the front seven. 

Cunningham has showed promise and improvement weekly, and Cole is quite the UDFA find - get em on the field early and often. 

As the good book says, a child shall lead them - and it's not just Watson.

Archived