Coaches Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

On 12/13/2020 at 10:52 AM, textaz03 said:

seeing multiple reports on this, this morning. I’m willing to give McCarthy a 2nd year, but he has to change the DC. If he’s not willing to can Nolan, then adios

Its a start. I might even be willing to go someone young and fresh. Like the Pats secondary coach..... Who just so happens to be Bills son.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

No. Sorry. "Fantastic" isn't it hoss.

Mike isn't a bad coach. And he's an upgrade from Redball. But that wasn't what was promised not what was expected. 

The man would likely make a great neighbor. But if given the chance to upgrade I will. 

You gotta admit, our team is playing much better. Granted, crappy teams. But weve improved.

34 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You gotta admit, our team is playing much better. Granted, crappy teams. But weve improved.

I'm loving we are crushing teams on backup QBs. Sure.

This is also the first year we have ever lost to Washington by Double Digits. In a year they won't win 8 games. But I'm supposed to buy "fantastic"? No sir. Not I. 

MM has been okay. Glad the team hasn't given up. 

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

“Fantastic” is exaggerated, but I do think MM has probably done as well or better than I expected given the circumstances.

Better than expected?

Needing a miracle onside kicks versus the falcons is much lower than I expected, personally. 

Admittedly anyone who changed coaching staff during Covid would be disadvantaged. But part of the reason you go with MM is to mitigate those shortcomings. He hasn't delivered to what my expectations were. Perhaps they were too high to begin with. 

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Better than expected?

Needing a miracle onside kicks versus the falcons is much lower than I expected, personally. 

Admittedly anyone who changed coaching staff during Covid would be disadvantaged. But part of the reason you go with MM is to mitigate those shortcomings. He hasn't delivered to what my expectations were. Perhaps they were too high to begin with. 

I agree in general. tbh, it’s hard to really know what to make of any of it. But, losing Dak, the number of significant contributors out, a make shift OL, etc. I think we’re probably at or above where I thought we would be. I mean, a few weeks ago we were talking top 3 pick. Granted, the schedule was a big help at the end. Still, I think he deserves some credit for getting team in a spot salvageable. 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I wouldnt say fantastic. I think he has done well given the injuries. I think what Philbin has done given the injuries has been amazing.

I'm fine with keeping MM if he does something about Nolan.

Sure the defense has been better lately but thats mainly due to the competition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I wouldnt say fantastic. I think he has done well given the injuries. I think what Philbin has done given the injuries has been amazing.

I'm fine with keeping MM if he does something about Nolan.

Sure the defense has been better lately but thats mainly due to the competition.

Completely agree with Philbin reference. 

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Better than expected?

Werent we out 2 DL, 2 LBs and 1  (2?) DB by that point? Of course our defense sucked and allowed everyone to run up the score on us...

8 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Your expectations to start the season with a new coaching staff was us going 0-3?

I mean, I watched the games. We got jobbed by the refs week 1. Week 2 we took a really good Seahawks team and had the lead with minutes left. Then our defense fell apart.

I always thought it would be a struggle due to covid.