Coaches Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

Here is an anti-safe space to talk about all the terrible no good awful things about our coaching staff.

Does anyone else feel like they were sold on a bill of goods?

• BONES IS THE BEST SPECIAL TEAMS COACH IN ALLLLL THE LAND...
    • But his KR continues to make terrible decisions
    • His Kicker hasn't inspired a ton of confidence, but at least he has a nifty onside kick.
  • JIM IS THE BEST DL COACH IN ALLLLL THE LAND....
    • Hill has done nice...but everyone else is a big Yikes...oh, except the guy who hasn't played football in five years is apparently still amazing.
  • NOLAN WILL BRING GREAT INSIGHT AND WISDOM...
    • Only...his LBers are lost. Either lost for the season or lost in coverage, at this point I am not sure which is worse.

I have been less than inspired by the coaching job top down. And, as I have mentioned before, I am probably being REALLY unfair to a staff that was put together and had no off-season. But expectations matter.

At this point, if we are going to provide celebrity lip-service, fire the staff and Hire Romo (I know, I know!). 

I’m not sure what happens with this coaching staff. I don’t recall anyone being particularly thrilled with any of the big hires outside of Fassel. There are numerous decisions being made that are highly questionable. True head scratchers. 
Given JJ and Co. held on to Redball for nearly decade and 2020 is a disaster in general I doubt any changes come to pass.

A couple more performances from the defense like last 3 and all bets are off.

20 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m not sure what happens with this coaching staff. I don’t recall anyone being particularly thrilled with any of the big hires outside of Fassel. There are numerous decisions being made that are highly questionable. True head scratchers. 
Given JJ and Co. held on to Redball for nearly decade and 2020 is a disaster in general I doubt any changes come to pass.

A couple more performances from the defense like last 3 and all bets are off.

I would say most were happy with Fassell and Tomsula.

I did not want Mccarthy and wasn't a fan of Nolan trying to turn this defense into a 3-4.

Hard to say I want a fresh start as were not even halfway through year 1 but they make it so difficult.

We are a quarter of the way in and to say the season has been disappointing is an understatement of epic proportions.  Coaches must bear the bulk of the burden yet realistically what is the talent level of the team as it exists today?  The OL has been hit hard with injuries.  The DL outside of Smith has been non existent.  Hill has been a surprise but when you get gouged for 300+ yards rushing your DL is an issue.  Injuries have hit the LB and secondary hard.  I don't know if any staff could make something out of this mess.  That being said I tried getting on board with McCarthy and his All Star staff.   Grades aren't mixed it's an F to date.  What I find more troubling is we have hit the iceberg and mamagement's attitude is nothing to see or do here.  All is well.  McCarthy and company are here to stay.  The organization won't admit that any mistakes were made re the staff.  Have to give it time and save face.  Pride goeth before the fall.

I was willing to give them somewhat of a pass due to the shortened offseason...but damn, I wasn't expecting they'd be this bad. Granted, we've been hit with injuries and what not which hasn't helped, but still...I feel like if the defense were even playing at least average we'd be 4-0 or at the very least 2-2 after four weeks. 

From What is floating around Twitter, it sounds like many on the defense are reverting back to Marinelli’s philosophies and scheme. Way too much free lance.
Probably helps explain why the guys who seem to be doing the best and are most consistent are Aldon and Diggs.

That’s problematic.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Guess I’m getting at how much of this is scheme and how much lies at the feet of players?

Yeah, if guys are reverting back to the old scheme...it makes sense as to why it seems like nobody is on the same page.