Coaches Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

34 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I want to know what analytics shows that a fake punt on a 4th and 10 at your own 24 yard line is a justifiable play call??????

Y'know, I don't like McCarthy - but he's at least aggressive more so than not. Garrett wasn't and it was something that frustrated the hell out of me and a lot of us here. I'm not going to fault him for trying to pull something out of his *** and hoping it worked to try and win. 

5 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

So. What are some positive about the coaching staff?

If Jerry asks you to present a case to stay the course or clean house, where do you stand and why?

The best you can do is give them the benefit of the doubt. That they had a shortened offseason to implement their systems, half of their salary cap is injured, and that these extenuating circumstances both a) made it almost impossible to succeed and b) are unlikely to happen again, so things should be a lot better next year. 

Certainly, they haven’t done anything to make you think we have a coaching staff that can really elevate our team above the talent level. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

If Jerry asks you to present a case to stay the course or clean house, where do you stand and why?

Clean house. It’s evident that the GM, coaching staff, and multiple players need to go.

The GM has created a circus culture where players have more power than the coaching staff, with an environment void of leadership and accountability.

The GM pays too many average players the salaries of superstars, thus limiting financial resources for the rest of the team.

The coaching staff does not properly prepare its players, nor does it develop sustainable game plans. Again, no leadership or accountability.

Too many players are half-a$$ing it during games. The lack of desire to perform and the lack of leadership on the field further proves the lack of value of the player. 

This is truly a leadership problem. Meaning, this is a Jerry Jones problem. He needs to replace himself.

16 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Wait, is this a joke?  If serious, I’d say that McCarthy’s “biggest” positive is that he could double as Hamburgler.  If you dressed him in red, he could be the cool-aid man.  I’ve spent ten minutes trying to think of a positive of mike Nolan and I’m at a complete loss.  Think about this... his specialty on defense is coaching LBs.  he’s been given two of the the most athletically gifted LBs in the NFL and he has turned them into punchlines.  Is being so horrible at your job that he actually makes me miss Rob Ryan a positive?  It’s certainly remarkable.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 8:48 AM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Offensively hard to complain too much. Not a fan of the decision to keep throwing Steele out there, but minus a couple of hiccups he did well against Ravens. 

Nolan and Tomsula have been the biggest disappointments but far imo. 

I think Nolan should be gone, as healthy roster or not, his defense sucks.  Overall, I’m pretty neutral on all of as I highly doubt any changes are made.

• Like 1

It is interesting to see individuals from different sides of the spectrum in other debates have nearly singular thoughts on MM & Co.

If we are charitable we acknowledge the absolute world-changing event the pandemic caused & afford some grace. That would, however, be a difficult pill to swallow given the sheer amount of miscues and errors. 

35 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

the sheer amount of miscues and errors. 

If there is one thing that sticks out, this would be it. Given roster we’re playing with, being bad should have been expected. But, the lack of progression and the disaster that is a defense, is pretty difficult to sweep under the rug. 

• Like 1

Im not giving Mccarthy any excuses. Nolan was a nepotism hire. He then kept Nolan on staff when we couldn't win even when we scored 35+ points.

Yes we are in a pandemic but we seem to be one of the least effected by cases or missed practices.

Yes we have injuries. Look at the Giants. They beat Seattle, a team that beat us with Dak and Martin. They did it without their starting QB and RB and poor oline.

I didn't think Jerry would fire him after one year. Now that we are getting flexed out of prime time, I think anything is possible.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, textaz03 said:

seeing multiple reports on this, this morning. I’m willing to give McCarthy a 2nd year, but he has to change the DC. If he’s not willing to can Nolan, then adios

If Urban Meyer or Brian Kelly express an interest in coaching in the NFL, I’d fire the entire coaching staff.