Week 5 GDT: Giants @ Cowboys

minutemancl

25 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

If GMEN win just one game all year I'd love for it to be this one. Just to completely demoralize the Cowboys and their fanbase. I'm pulling for the WFT to take the division this season.

I'd take a win against the Eagles over a win against the Cowboys, but, in general, I'll second this. I've said before that I wouldn't care if the Giants went 2-14 every year if those 2 wins were against the Eagles. I think I still stand by that.

This game needs to be the game when our offense wakes up. Otherwise, Garrett has to go at the end of the year. The offensive playcalling hasn't been awful, but the players are not being put in positions to succeed and the execution/communication is bad. If Garrett can't get this team ready to play against his former team that is fielding a flat out awful defense this year, his job should be in jeopardy. 

Defensively, we need to not let Zeke destroy us, which he could. Bradberry can handle Cooper (he struggles with smaller, quicker WRs), but whoever we decide to try out at CB2 cannot handle Lamb/Gallup. Dallas has the matchup advantage when they are on offense pretty easily. Just need to limit the damage.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

We kept it close with the Rams. We wont with this one. There is some Cowboy players looking to drop a pain bomb on Jason Garretts offense. Im saying we lose this one 35-17. Gonna be over very quick.

On the bright side.... 17 points would be a new high for the season....

• Like 1

I thought this article about Jones was interesting. It doesn't absolve him of anything, but does go to prove that he is getting no help from the rest of the offense:

http://www.footballperspective.com/daniel-jones-is-carrying-his-offense-dwayne-haskins-was-not-neither-is-going-well/

He and Fitzpatrick are the only QBs to account for more than 50% of their team's overall yardage, after making some assumptions about YAC and air yards.

• Like 1

Jones needs a strong performance here to maintain any hope of being our franchise guy. I know he doesn't have much around him, but against a shaky and banged-up division rival he has to make do. 

As for the other guys... let's see what Dak's numbers are like when he's not throwing on a prevent defense for most of the game.