2021 NFL Draft Thread

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe, just remember Jordan Reed fell to round 3 despite being one of the best pass catchers in his draft class in 2013, even amongst the WRs.

I know it’s possible but I think that was his concussion history. Jordan was a monster. But he had a bunch there

27 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Elite ball placement

These two QBs aren’t the athletes that the top 4 prospects are, but they’re good to great pocket passers, we could do worse than taking Kyle Trask or Mac Jones in the late 1st or early 2nd.

Edited by turtle28

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

These two aren’t the athletes that the top 4 prospects are, but they’re good to great pocket passers, we could do worse than taking Kyle Trask or Mac Jones in the late 1st or early 2nd.

I just don’t want them that early. I know they can play I think Mac has a much more live arm. I also think he has the better chance because that arm. But Trask has a true feel for where to place a ball but honestly I just think that’s alittle rich. We can get better players I think I’d take my chances elsewhere

11 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I just don’t want them that early. I know they can play I think Mac has a much more live arm. I also think he has the better chance because that arm. But Trask has a true feel for where to place a ball but honestly I just think that’s alittle rich. We can get better players I think I’d take my chances elsewhere

Well I go back to the fact that if this was 10 plus years ago, they’d each be talked about as top 10 picks but this decade we’ve been spoiled by a handful of young QBs who are great athletes in the league who were developed into great passers after they were drafted and thats moves the Trask & Jones’s of the world down a half round to full round in the draft, which actually could be a good thing for us.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

Well I go back to the fact that if this was 10 plus years ago, they’d each be talked about as top 10 picks but this decade we’ve been spoiled by a handful of young QBs who are great athletes in the league who’ve developed into great passers and thats moves the Trask & Jones’s of the world down a half round to full round in the draft, which actually could be a good thing for us.

Your right and to back that up Mack is a better QB then Tua. But I wouldn’t have drafted Tua that high

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Corey Taylor is a dog RB!!! Tulsa just made it a game. That defense is really talented

I’m hopeful that a guy like Zaven Collins falls to us in round 2. That’d be a blessing.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

Just now, ripsean21 said:

Your right and to back that up Mack is a better QB then Tua. But I wouldn’t have drafted Tua that high

I had no problem where Tua was drafted if he was 100% healthy, his accuracy is off the charts and he moves around like Russell Wilson. What knocked him down for me was the hip injury.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I’m hopeful that a guy like Zaven Collins falls to us in round 2. That’d be a blessing.

I hope but that size speed is going to be hard to hide. Teams that really do their homework are going to poach this defense starting with him. 

• Like 1

I Think today decides what we do at QB in the Draft, If Haskins plays well think we keep him and he stays the backup next year to Alex,on the other hand if he plays badly think we go QB in 1st or 2nd most likely one of the QBs from last night Trask or Jones if we make playoffs.

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

I Think today decides what we do at QB in the Draft, If Haskins plays well think we keep him and he stays the backup next year to Alex,on the other hand if he plays badly think we go QB in 1st or 2nd most likely one of the QBs from last night Trask or Jones if we make playoffs.

We don’t even know if this is the only game Haskins will have to play the rest of the year. 

Also, we can’t forget that the OC loves Kyle Allen. I would take a QB is Haskins doesn’t play well in whatever games he still plays this year, I don’t think there’s any guarantee Rivera does.

Edited by turtle28