Will the 49ers miss the playoffs?

Slingin' Sammy

10 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

Every time we (or I) see a super bowl team tank the following year, I ask - how can this be?

I remember when Tampa ('02) won the super bowl, with that awesome defense. I really enjoyed their games that year.
The next year... [glub glub glub] - right down the tube. I think they got 7 wins, NOT the same team at all.

So we come back here to the 49ers. Who would have guessed this? What a shame.

For the 49ers it seems pretty easy that injuries have gotten the worst of us this year as we've had players accounting for 40% of our cap being sidelined, including our starting QB, basically all receiving options, literally every single DE, including our best player in Nick Bosa. So yeah, it certainly sucks but not hard to see why it happened.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

Every time we (or I) see a super bowl team tank the following year, I ask - how can this be?

I remember when Tampa ('02) won the super bowl, with that awesome defense. I really enjoyed their games that year.
The next year... [glub glub glub] - right down the tube. I think they got 7 wins, NOT the same team at all.

So we come back here to the 49ers. Who would have guessed this? What a shame.

Tampa got a lot of breaks going their way with that defense that year. I think 7 turnovers for TDs or whatever. Brad Johnson at QB had a career year. Injuries didn't kill them. 

Like someone else said the 49ers' problems are mostly due to a massive amount of injuries that no team could realistically overcome. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shame on you guys counting out the defending NFC champs after five weeks!!!!

Kidding, there's a chance they lose the next three games and miss out on the playoffs, especially with the amount of injuries that keep on piling up. Lost two more contributors in Deebo and Wilson yesterday. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Imagine how good the NFCW would be if the Niners were fully healthy. It’d probably look like: 5-1, 5-2, 5-2, 4-2. Best division ever. 

I don't know about best division ever, but all teams in the division are helped by playing the NFC East and to a smaller extent, the AFC East. Though the latter may end up being solid when it is all said and done. Dolphins are a well coached team that has playing good ball, but now are going to Tua so who knows how that goes. Cam looks like a mess right now but the Pats can easily turn it around and the Bills look solid, but nothing special....And of course you have the worst team in the league in the Jets. 

So while the NFC West beats up on each other within the division, there's a lot of wins to be had playing the AFC and NFC East. Shame on the Niners for choking against the Eagles. That game could come back and cost them a playoff birth. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shame on you guys counting out the defending NFC champs after five weeks!!!!

Kidding, there's a chance they lose the next three games and miss out on the playoffs, especially with the amount of injuries that keep on piling up. Lost two more contributors in Deebo and Wilson yesterday. 

just picked Hasty up in fantasy need him to flourish

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

All I am concerned about is the Packers getting revenge for their two losses to the 49ers last year. I could care less if the 49ers make the playoffs or not. All I want is for the Packers to beat the 49ers.

Oh, you should be concerned...VERY concerned that the Niners beat down the Packers again!

For your Packers sake, you better hope they win. If not, then they will lose to the Niners again in the playoffs. Happens every single time. The Niners beat the Packers in 2012, 2013 and 2019 in the regular season....to only do it again in the playoffs. 

This time around though, you will not have to worry about Bosa wrecking havoc. Completely different defense from last season.