Valkyrie Mafia: D8 Ends Saturday at 10 PM EST

The Orca

1 minute ago, Glen said:

But let’s not get me banned over talking politics & how the Americanized school system is just a machine to break kids over their childhood in order to prep them for 40 years of a crappy crappy life at a job they hate.

Get a new job!! It's that easy!!!

/Sarcasm

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Underfunded in relation to other schools.

We literally graduated 61% of my original freshman class.

The funding formula and cost per pupil expenditure in this country is an absolute joke. Meanwhile, we can spend trillions of dollars on the black hole of other areas. I’m going to get in trouble here :)

• Like 1

This is probably getting off topic here but as a history teacher myself...there's really not enough time to properly cover everything we should. I try to go more in depth on things like reconstruction, interment camps, ww2, all of the stuff like that. But what I focus on more is social studies reading and writing skills rather than content. If I can give students the skills to analyze things, to compare differing accounts, to create an argument backed by evidence, I can feel more confident that they'll be able to find out the other information on their own about the stuff that I just didn't have time to cover as much as I wanted to.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Friendly reminder that FDR banned all Jewish refugees from entering this country from 1939-1945 and made a racist executive order that effectively disenfranchised 120,000 US citizens on the basis of ethnic discrimination.

But he is one of the most honored presidents!!! How dare you

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

FDR is one of my favorite presidents for many reasons but yeah, he also had some really terrible actions as well. I'm just such a sucker for the ole New Deal. Him and Trust Buster Teddy are my top two.

Lincoln, Ike, and Teddy are mine, as well as George Washington of course.