NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That 2009 UNC team was filthy, Ty Lawson was a nightmare. Still the quickest guard I've ever seen in college basketball. 

Watching him terrorize Michigan State in Detroit to take home the title is still my favorite UNC moment ever. They couldn't stay in front of him/stop him so he LIVED at the line and took their cookies on defense all night. 

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Watching him terrorize Michigan State in Detroit to take home the title is still my favorite UNC moment ever. They couldn't stay in front of him/stop him so he LIVED at the line and took their cookies on defense all night. 

As a Duke fan I hated Lawson and the mouth breather but those teams were so damn good. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

As a Duke fan I hated Lawson and the mouth breather but those teams were so damn good. 

******* Cole Aldrich having the game of his life kept us from back-to-back titles. I'll forever hate him for that. I still have no idea how the hell we came back in that game and got within 4. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

******* Cole Aldrich having the game of his life kept us from back-to-back titles. I'll forever hate him for that. I still have no idea how the hell we came back in that game and got within 4. 

Arguably could've 3 peated if we didn't go ice cold vs G'Town in 2007 too. We were up 75-65 with 6 minutes left and proceeded to score 6 points in the last 6 minutes. There's no doubt in my mind we beat Ohio State in the Final Four that year. Florida would've been a toss up.

Edited by beekay414