Darnold "should" Request a Trade

Bobby816

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Thought I'd restart up a Darnold thread. Being he is currently our "hopeful" franchise QB and the speculation of us maybe being in the Lawrence talk.

My thoughts are this. With moving on from Bell it to me shows that helping Darnold is not what this franchise is after. Meaning when JD sat down Darnolds parents and said he'd do what he can to help their son. He flat out lied to them. And that's his angle to get a trade out of the worst franchise in the NFL. JD truly dropped the ball in helping Darnold. Letting Robby walk and thinking Perriman was a legit replacement. Drafting a guy he clearly didn't value great in Mims (bc he traded back when he was there on our original pick). And legit though that adding Gore would help this team. Perine can't even get snaps bc Gore was brought in and we clearly don't trust him. The weapons are this team are an embarrassment.

Trade Darnold to a team and get the best value we can. His value wont go up with what's around him. So get the best package for him right now and go full tank for Lawrence. We don't deserve Darnold. And if he gets traded to the right situation... he will still be a franchise QB. Bc Darnold is not the problem in this franchise. Its the FO, HC and lack of weapons.

Absolutely not, Darnold has yet to prove he is a franchise QB, if we were to trade him away now we would get peanuts for him. If we did trade him that would mean we gave away two second round pick & the third overall pick in the 2018 draft. And there is no  guaranteed we could get TL in the draft & and even we did draft him what if he doesn't want to sign with the. Jets. Remember when John Elway did not want to sign with the Colts, they traded him to Denver. Same thing happen when the Chargers drafted Eli Manning, and would not sign with the Chargers, and was traded to the Giants. Darnold by no stretch of the imagination is Darnold, another Elway or Manning. Trading him now would be a disaster for the franchise. We are all flustrated what is going on with the Jets, I think we should stick with the mock drafts they are harmless but a trade like this is devastating to the franchise.

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Dont trade Darnold until you land #1. Then ship him to the highest bidder not named New England.

I agree. I feel bad for him, bc he is a franchise QB, just went to the worst NFL team that has o clue how to build an offense.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree. I feel bad for him, bc he is a franchise QB, just went to the worst NFL team that has o clue how to build an offense.

He hasn't proven to be a franchise QB, he's been awful for us. Weapons or not, protection or not. His decision making has been terrible. But he's young.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He hasn't proven to be a franchise QB, he's been awful for us. Weapons or not, protection or not. His decision making has been terrible. But he's young.

Agree that is my point also. Archie Manning was a outstand QB with a horrible team his whole career but the Saints won some games that they should never have won only because  Archie Manning, was such a good QB

Edited by doumeyer
another thought

32 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Lots a talented QBs have had their "struggles" early in their career. But we as a franchise in 3 whole seasons have done very little to help the kid. The last 1/2 of last year what I saw looked like a franchise QB. Weapons, OL and coaching has EVERYTHING to do with the development into a franchise QB for any QB. We have really done none of this. Gase is garbage. The OL was addressed but is isn't finished and is still below average in the league (has potential though). And the weapons have just been embarrassing his whole time here. He's also is still only 23.

Look at Josh Allen as a perfect example. The have Daboll helping him on the coaching side. They have an OK OL (proof you don't need a great OL though to win and make a young QB a franchise QB). But the biggest thing for them has been the weapons. Diggs has transformed them at WR where they already had a couple talented guys. Add that they have 2 quality young RBs as well... they have helped Allen in a big way. Look at nearly every young QB that's winning right now. They have talent around them in several avenues. We have nothing. So to put the blame on the QB is not addressing the 2 main issues in Coaching and Talent.

Last point I'll say on this. I have not given up on Sam.  He's been terrible this year and he is far from perfect but I think if out into a good position he can win you games and has the quality that can win you big games as well.  The problem we face is he is running out of rookie contract and we have the chance at the number 1 pick with a special QB coming out.

If we don't land Lawrence things get interesting for Sam.  I like Fields too but have to watch more tape on him.  I just hope for the love of God we bring in a good coach for whoever is under center next year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Last point I'll say on this. I have not given up on Sam.  He's been terrible this year and he is far from perfect but I think if out into a good position he can win you games and has the quality that can win you big games as well.  The problem we face is he is running out of rookie contract and we have the chance at the number 1 pick with a special QB coming out.

If we don't land Lawrence things get interesting for Sam.  I like Fields too but have to watch more tape on him.  I just hope for the love of God we bring in a good coach for whoever is under center next year.

I haven't given up either. What I do have 0 confidence in though is us hiring the right coaching staff and to bring in several weapons to help Sam. So that's where I struggle.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

I could not agree more it absolutely is a Macc, thing

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

I could not agree more it absolutely is a Macc, thing

No, no, no.  To many people on this board believe JD is culpable as well.  After all, he did not fix this **** show in the one year he had, nor fix the coaching staff and direct who should be playing (even though he has absolutely no hand in that area of the franchise).  And let's not forget he got rid of our two greatest players because one did not want to play here anymore because of issues outside his control, and the second because he liked a tweet or two such that JD HAD to get rid of him on his own.

I am on the fire JD bandwagon, whos with me?

Darnold will never, NEVER, request a trade. He's a young QB who's had to endure 2.5 years of terrible coaching and a terrible roster of players. 

He has never had a group of WR's that he could tap into as go to guys, and when he did (Robbie Anderson) he preformed well. Last years group of WR's are by far

a better group than this years. Be it because they were healthy or they were experienced vets. The OL with the exception of Fact and Bekton has been porous not to mention

perhaps the worse group of CB, DB, in the league. Do I have to point to the fact the Jets haven't had a good pass rush since John Abraham?

Darnold is not the issue, the Jets are a result of poor GM's who have sunk this franchise over the past 7 years with poor draft choices.

Darnold for all his flaws is the best player on the team.

Just now, xrade said:

No, no, no.  To many people on this board believe JD is culpable as well.  After all, he did not fix this **** show in the one year he had, nor fix the coaching staff and direct who should be playing (even though he has absolutely no hand in that area of the franchise).  And let's not forget he got rid of our two greatest players because one did not want to play here anymore because of issues outside his control, and the second because he liked a tweet or two such that JD HAD to get rid of him on his own.

I am on the fire JD bandwagon, whos with me?

I am going to be very careful want I post today, I see you woke up in a very bad mood, I am only going to talk to Ricky today about the Hallmark Channel nothing else.