Darnold "should" Request a Trade

Bobby816

14 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am going to be very careful want I post today, I see you woke up in a very bad mood, I am only going to talk to Ricky today about the Hallmark Channel nothing else.

No reflection on you.  This was more a general rant about some who think JD is a big factor in all this crap without any evidence other than hearsay and opinions.  It was meant to be sarcastic.

However, I am concerned about you and the Hallmark channel.  Hallmark, really?  Is there nothing else in Florida?  A cooking show perhaps or maybe bass fishing?  Spongebob? Nothing?

I don't like the idea of trading Darnold at all. You are selling low on him. You are probably looking at a 2nd and 5th round pick for him like the Cards did with Rosen. I would keep Darnold AND pick T Law. Then you can have Darnold play during T Law rookie year giving him a year to sit and learn form the bench. If Darnold does really well in 21 then you can move him for a 1st round pick or maybe two 1st round picks. Heck you could even have T Law sit another year on the bench like the packers did with Aaron Rodgers. I think we can be like the Chargers when they had Drew Brees and the traded for Phil Rivers. Remember it is not a bad thing to have two good young QB both on rookie deals playing for you. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, xrade said:

No reflection on you.  This was more a general rant about some who think JD is a big factor in all this crap without any evidence other than hearsay and opinions.  It was meant to be sarcastic.

However, I am concerned about you and the Hallmark channel.  Hallmark, really?  Is there nothing else in Florida?  A cooking show perhaps or maybe bass fishing?  Spongebob? Nothing?

LOL  I have to wait till 3 pm till the Ellen show comes on. After that the Andy Griffin show comes on than I am set for the day.

37 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't like the idea of trading Darnold at all. You are selling low on him. You are probably looking at a 2nd and 5th round pick for him like the Cards did with Rosen. I would keep Darnold AND pick T Law. Then you can have Darnold play during T Law rookie year giving him a year to sit and learn form the bench. If Darnold does really well in 21 then you can move him for a 1st round pick or maybe two 1st round picks. Heck you could even have T Law sit another year on the bench like the packers did with Aaron Rodgers. I think we can be like the Chargers when they had Drew Brees and the traded for Phil Rivers. Remember it is not a bad thing to have two good young QB both on rookie deals playing for you. 

I don't see why we can't squeeze a 2nd and a future 2nd.  Make it conditional 1st-3rd depending on if he plays or they make playoffs.

The potential is there and a team with an aging QB that doesn't have the draft position or capital to move up for a rookie should definitely buy low.  Take the Steelers.  They'd be better off buying low on Darnold.  They have a defense, they have RBs and WRs.  They have a coaching staff.  He won't have his rookie and sophomore growing pains, yet he's young enough to be there for multiple years on a smaller contract.  Or they can wait until they bottom out with a guy like Duck Hodges.

40 minutes ago, xrade said:

Up until yesterday I was skeptically optimistic regarding JD. Not signing Robby for 10m but signing Perriman for 6 was a big negative. Trying to address to OL in FA and the draft was a big positive. Not drafting a 2nd WR was another negative. Trading Adams was a wash. The guy wanted to go and will probably be a great Safety for a long time, but he was a safety, not an elite pass rusher or shut down corner, or dominating Interior Lineman. Getting two firsts could pay dividends In the long run. But yesterday by releasing Bell he signaled to the world that he was all in on Gase. That scares me. 

Btw, I also retired and move to Florida Over 7 years ago and I don’t watch the Hallmark channel. I play Video Games.

42 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I don't see why we can't squeeze a 2nd and a future 2nd.  Make it conditional 1st-3rd depending on if he plays or they make playoffs.

The potential is there and a team with an aging QB that doesn't have the draft position or capital to move up for a rookie should definitely buy low.  Take the Steelers.  They'd be better off buying low on Darnold.  They have a defense, they have RBs and WRs.  They have a coaching staff.  He won't have his rookie and sophomore growing pains, yet he's young enough to be there for multiple years on a smaller contract.  Or they can wait until they bottom out with a guy like Duck Hodges.

I think there are plenty of teams that will give up their back half of the 1st for Darnold. The whole NFL viewed him as a top 2-3 QB just a few years ago and know we are the issue not him. Any team picking late with a QB at the end of their career will be after him. I think we can get a late 1st and more for him. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

LOL  I have to wait till 3 pm till the Ellen show comes on. After that the Andy Griffin show comes on than I am set for the day.

I only watch Andy because he is on after MASH and I am usually  too lazy to change the channel.  Great now the tune is stuck in my ******* head.  Thanks.  

38 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I play Video Games

Manly video games, I trust?  I just think JD should at least be given a SECOND offseason before we judge him.  This offseason was unlike anything we have ever seen (and hopefully never repeated).  Couple that with the Chrissy and gase relationship and it makes JD's job very difficult -both operationally and politically.  I think he knew this going in and I think he knew gase would hang himself, hence the demand for 6 years.

Trust me, if he fails to at least get this team to stop being a **** show next offseason with all the capital we have, I will join all of you on the Fire JD bandwagon.

2 hours ago, xrade said:

No, no, no.  To many people on this board believe JD is culpable as well.  After all, he did not fix this **** show in the one year he had, nor fix the coaching staff and direct who should be playing (even though he has absolutely no hand in that area of the franchise).  And let's not forget he got rid of our two greatest players because one did not want to play here anymore because of issues outside his control, and the second because he liked a tweet or two such that JD HAD to get rid of him on his own.

I am on the fire JD bandwagon, whos with me?

I sense sarcasm but I'm not sure 🤔

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No player is going to do this, dudes said Burrow should or could. Herbert went back to school and lost millions.

Lawrence will be a Jet and he will hate it. But he will be a Jet.

What do you mean, no one is going to do this?

The belief is that Peyton Manning went back to school to avoid being selected by the Jets.

Eli Manning made it know that he wouldn't play for the Chargers which forced them to trade him to the Giants during the draft. John Elway refused to play for the Colts so they traded his rights to the Broncos. 

It's happened before and it will certainly happen again.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Sam's value doesn't get better unfortunately.  It's at it's highest after this year so the team getting him has a whole year to evaluate him before picking up his 5th year.  We are slowly getting healthy so despite the terrible coaching he should have some weapons back and be able to showcase what he's got.  The OL has been decent enough and with Perriman and Mims back with Crowder that is enough to be successful.  This is his chance to showcase himself.

2 minutes ago, drew39k said:

The belief is that Peyton Manning went back to school to avoid being selected by the Jets.

Eli Manning made it know that he wouldn't play for the Chargers which forced them to trade him to the Giants during the draft. John Elway refused to play for the Colts so they traded his rights to the Broncos. 

Scares the crap out of me that he may go back.  I don't think he will because we should have a good coach in place (I hope 😟) and a smart GM that wants to help his young QB but it's certainly in the back of my mind.

If he does come out and says I don't want to play in NY I'm taking him anyway.  

Edited by Rockice_8

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

Yeah a lot of sarcasm.  I wish there was a sarcasm font.  Maybe we should all agree to use Italics when we post sarcastic messages.

JD on the job for 1 half of an offseason and he takes a LT and WR with his first two picks. Mac would have gonna CB and ILB or something dumb.

You couldn't ruin a young QB any worse than Mac did if you tried.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I think it has become to risky to go back to school if you fear getting drafted by a bad team.  If you are a top ten pick, you are most likely going to a bad team. It just does not happen since salaries sky rocketed.  Manning may or may not have went back to avoid the Jets, but I am pretty certain money was not an issue for him.  I will never understand the Eli thing, what did he have against SD?

I think Lawrence will declare since he has done all you could in CFB.  I also think we will have a new coach so you won't necessarily be joining this crap.  Why risk injury or regression?