Darnold "should" Request a Trade

Bobby816

Thought I'd restart up a Darnold thread. Being he is currently our "hopeful" franchise QB and the speculation of us maybe being in the Lawrence talk.

My thoughts are this. With moving on from Bell it to me shows that helping Darnold is not what this franchise is after. Meaning when JD sat down Darnolds parents and said he'd do what he can to help their son. He flat out lied to them. And that's his angle to get a trade out of the worst franchise in the NFL. JD truly dropped the ball in helping Darnold. Letting Robby walk and thinking Perriman was a legit replacement. Drafting a guy he clearly didn't value great in Mims (bc he traded back when he was there on our original pick). And legit though that adding Gore would help this team. Perine can't even get snaps bc Gore was brought in and we clearly don't trust him. The weapons are this team are an embarrassment.

Trade Darnold to a team and get the best value we can. His value wont go up with what's around him. So get the best package for him right now and go full tank for Lawrence. We don't deserve Darnold. And if he gets traded to the right situation... he will still be a franchise QB. Bc Darnold is not the problem in this franchise. Its the FO, HC and lack of weapons.

He should, but it’s too risky for Douglas to trade him before the #1 pick is secured

If we don’t get the first pick the plan should be to actually surround him with talent and a new coach. Not the lame attempt Douglas did this past offseason 

Edited by GangGreen420
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

No way Gase survives our "Franchise QB" requesting a trade. It would be insane to think that he could ever control a locker room ever again.

This is Christopher Johnson we are talking about here.

Wait until Douglas comes out at the half season press conference and doubles down on the franchises confidence in Gase.

JD wouldn’t move him till TLaw is actually on the roster, I think all our expectations for this season were way too high and reality has finally set In. That this was a team a huge project from the start for a team with no OL, no pass rushers, no CBS, and no WR’s.

6 hours ago, drew39k said:

If I'm T.Law I'd refuse to sign. Better off sitting a year and getting redrafted. Worst thing for his career would be getting stuck to a 5 year deal here.

No player is going to do this, dudes said Burrow should or could. Herbert went back to school and lost millions.

Lawrence will be a Jet and he will hate it. But he will be a Jet.