Daryl Morey, Rockets Part Ways

Texansfan713

13 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The warriors got the rockets one year in the WCF when the clippers were the better team but they did clippers things. 

then they got an injured Spurs team

then they got a hurt CP3

I’m in no way saying that’s why they won  I’m saying the rockets didn’t get any luck avoiding the warriors. 

the lakers got a free pass by avoiding the clippers. That series would have went at least 6 if not 7

Lakers didn't get a free pass. Blame the Clippers for being the Clippers. Blame Doc for being Doc. Blame George for being Playoff P. Blame Kawhi for not being the best. Blame many others before saying Lakers got a pass

9 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Lakers didn't get a free pass. Blame the Clippers for being the Clippers. Blame Doc for being Doc. Blame George for being Playoff P. Blame Kawhi for not being the best. Blame many others before saying Lakers got a pass

The lakers avoided the team with the best chance of beating them. Obviously that’s not the lakers fault but it is what it is. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The lakers avoided the team with the best chance of beating them. Obviously that’s not the lakers fault but it is what it is. 

They didn't avoid them. They played the teams that advanced. Nothing they can do about that. I mean they did dispatch the team that beat the Clippers but yeah I guess it is what it is lol

This guys’s departure made a lot of China Newspaper and News Headlines. Hope this departure wasn’t Politic related since China is 10% of their global revenue. The Chinese Government did ask Siver to fire Morey for saying “Stand with Hong Kong” (nothing at all wrong saying that with what’s going on over there). Siver did not comply back then. I’ll never forget LeBron and Harden getting mad over Morey for making that Statement... LeBron even said the guy must not knowing what he’s talking about. Yikes. Lost the little respect I had for LeBron that day. All about $$$$. 

Edited by BayRaider

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’ll never forget LeBron and Harden getting mad over Morey for making that Statement... LeBron even said the guy must not knowing what he’s talking about. Yikes. Lost the little respect I had for LeBron that day. All about $$$$. 

LeBron was frustrated with Morey tweeting what he did while NBA players were in China, not that Morey was wrong about what he actually said.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

LeBron was frustrated with Morey tweeting what he did while NBA players were in China, not that Morey was wrong about what he actually said.

This is complete misinformation on your part. He called Morey misinformed and not educated to talk about the topic. And yes, he clarified, he's talking about Morey's Stand for Hong Kong Tweet. Morey knew exactly what was going on there, as do all we Americans. Morey made a morally correct statement, that pissed off the Chinese Government, which in return pissed off LeBron and other players jeopardizing their future funds in China as it's a HUGE part of their market and even BIGGER part of their FUTURE market. You are really, really naive.

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This is complete misinformation on your part. He called Morey misinformed and not educated to talk about the topic. And yes, he clarified, he's talking about Morey's Stand for Hong Kong Tweet. Morey knew exactly what was going on there, as do all we Americans. Morey made a morally correct statement, that pissed off the Chinese Government, which in return pissed off LeBron and other players jeopardizing their future funds in China as it's a HUGE part of their market and even BIGGER part of their FUTURE market. You are really, really naive.

Yeah, and LeBron clarified like an hour later saying Morey could have simply waited a week to send the tweet that wouldn't put players IN CHINA in such a horrible position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, and LeBron clarified like an hour later saying Morey could have simply waited a week to send the tweet that wouldn't put players IN CHINA in such a horrible position.

That’s called damage control because he was getting OBLITERATED on social media from tens of thousands and trending #1 on Twitter in a very bad way. That’s why he said that an hour later, it was a slaughter. And it completely CONTRADICTS what LeBron said in this interview. 

He said Morey was not educated to speak on the topic and not informed enough on the topic. This is a fact. Nothing he says after the fact will change that. He purely said that to suck up to China and try to fix their business situation with them. LeBron could care less about Hong Kong. All about the $$$. Very naive my friend. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He jumped ship when he realized there were zero moves he could make to bring the team back into contention.

I mean, a guy like him can always make moves, but I think losing his Hong Kong tweets hurt the organization, so he needed to separate himself from the environment. For Houston's sake at least. That and losing D'Antoni, losing in the 2nd round, and issues with the cap this year also played a role.

3 minutes ago, the lone star said:

I mean, a guy like him can always make moves, but I think losing his Hong Kong tweets hurt the organization, so he needed to separate himself from the environment. For Houston's sake at least. That and losing D'Antoni, losing in the 2nd round, and issues with the cap this year also played a role.

Westbrook's contract is virtually untradeable, they have limited draft capital, and minimal young talent that they can use to acquire top talent. Not to mention Harden and Westbrook can both potentially opt out and become free agents in 2022. So they have a pretty short window to get it together without the cap flexibility, trade assets, or draft picks to significantly upgrade their team. 

Edited by NYRaider

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Westbrook's contract is virtually untradeable, they have limited draft capital, and minimal young talent that they can use to acquire top talent. Not to mention Harden and Westbrook can both potentially opt out and become free agents in 2022. So they have a pretty short window to get it together without the cap flexibility, trade assets, or draft picks to significantly upgrade their team. 

The player option is still 2 seasons away. The rockets will have harden and Westbrook for at least the next two years. 

I am pretty sure they will hire John Lucas, keep doing the same thing they have been doing but I think they take the 5.7 MLE and get a big like Noel who can play 15-20 minutes a night and be there for the playoffs in certain match ups. 

I mean we made the 2nd round and lost the champions. We were missing our 6th man and Westbrook was hurt most of the playoffs and not right when he came back. 

maybe that’s the ceiling, but maybe not. Lebron goes down with injury in game 1 and they could have run the table. You never know. Just keep pushing and hope some things bounce your way. If not you enjoy having a talent like harden, who has changed the game forever and is putting up a crazy good HOF resume. It is what it is. 

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The player option is still 2 seasons away. The rockets will have harden and Westbrook for at least the next two years. 

I am pretty sure they will hire John Lucas, keep doing the same thing they have been doing but I think they take the 5.7 MLE and get a big like Noel who can play 15-20 minutes a night and be there for the playoffs in certain match ups. 

I mean we made the 2nd round and lost the champions. We were missing our 6th man and Westbrook was hurt most of the playoffs and not right when he came back. 

maybe that’s the ceiling, but maybe not. Lebron goes down with injury in game 1 and they could have run the table. You never know. Just keep pushing and hope some things bounce your way. If not you enjoy having a talent like harden, who has changed the game forever and is putting up a crazy good HOF resume. It is what it is. 

Yeah you have them under contract for the next two seasons but they're taking up like 75% of your salary cap. Plus it's going to be tough to move Westbrook or add any significant pieces to make a championship push. 

Noel would be a nice pickup but he's not going to be the difference between a 2nd round exit and potential NBA championship. You also have to consider that teams like the Lakers/Clippers will make improvements, the Warriors will be healthy and will retool their roster this offseason, and then you have young teams like Dallas, Denver, and Utah who should all continue to get better. 

You made the 2nd round but were also a game away from being eliminated in the 1st round by an OKC team no one thought would even be a playoff level team this year. 

Obviously you do what you can to tweak the roster around your two star players and hope you can matchup with teams more effectively in the playoffs. But Morey really did screw you guys by trading away CP3/Capela.