2K20: Game #7 - Kansas City at Denver

onejayhawk

Butker is kicking the ball through the endzone on KO and he's been money on FG. I'll take some quirks with the PAT. Sandy Koufax could not make a pickoff move to 1B. That does not mean I wouldn't want him in the rotation. 

One thing you have to like is that the defense was hitting people. One of Sorenson's hits looked very Steve Atwater.

J

Edited by onejayhawk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Butker is kicking the ball through the endzone on KO and he's been money on FG. I'll take some quirks with the PAT. Sandy Koufax could not make a pickoff move to 1B. That does not mean I wouldn't want him in the rotation. 

One thing you have to like is that the defense was hitting people. One of Sorenson's hits looked very Steve Atwater.

J

Sorensen played a great game, all around. Loved what I saw from him, from Willie Gay, from Pringle, from Wharton.

OL showed a few of the kinks we would've expected last week, with issues on blitz pickup and assignments. Hard to tell who was to blame, but seemed more communication than blocking based, which is understandable.

I am starting to get worried about Ward. He's looking like the 4th best CB on the team right now. Breeland, Fenton, Sneed, all outplaying him. Might work out in the end to make him cheaper come contract time, but it is discouraging.

The OL was so geared to protecting Mahomes, they were almost ignoring the running game. The changes have clearly helped the running game, but the pass pro has suffered. This is the soft part of the schedule, where we can due some major tinkering.

I am less concerned about Ward than happy we now have depth at CB. Sneed in particular is a find. Fenton has developed significantly.

Yesterday, the Broncos had to take chances, which set us up for a couple of INTs. It also produced a defensive result rather like much of last year, lots of rushing yards allowed because Spags played to prevent the big play. Denver outgained us 411-286, but we had a huge edge in return yards and turnovers. The +/- was 4-1, and 6-1 if you count taking over on downs. 

Factoid: Daniel Sorensen's INT return TD was the Chiefs 23rd defensive TD since 2015, most in NFL.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I am less concerned about Ward than happy we now have depth at CB. Sneed in particular is a find. Fenton has developed significantly.

Not sure you noticed, but even BoPete was getting some reps on D yesterday,.

22 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Not sure you noticed, but even BoPete was getting some reps on D yesterday,.

Spags has a very friendly system on the boundary.  One reason I’m not big on an early round CB.  Not sure if it’s coaching, or Veach and Spags just mesh with what they see/want in a DB, but they’re doing a great job hitting on the late round DB’s 

On 10/23/2020 at 8:25 PM, samsel23 said:

Harris had some quality snaps towards the end of last year and in the Super Bowl, I feel like they’re comfortable with him 

The snap counts show 50% for Harris. TK was at 86%, which is unheard of for a DE. Clark was 66%. 

Turk Wharton was up to 61%. That's starter snaps for a DT and the most in the unit this week. Chris Jones was at 53%.

J

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Hello all, enemy at the gates ...

I do a film review after each of our games in the Broncos forum. Naturally, the review is centred around us, but there's plenty of Chief notes thus far.

Feel free to pop in and laugh at our pain.

Great stuff!

On 10/25/2020 at 11:34 PM, Jakuvious said:

Sorensen played a great game, all around. Loved what I saw from him, from Willie Gay, from Pringle, from Wharton.

OL showed a few of the kinks we would've expected last week, with issues on blitz pickup and assignments. Hard to tell who was to blame, but seemed more communication than blocking based, which is understandable.

I am starting to get worried about Ward. He's looking like the 4th best CB on the team right now. Breeland, Fenton, Sneed, all outplaying him. Might work out in the end to make him cheaper come contract time, but it is discouraging.

Not surprised on Ward, he always starts off decent and falls off as the year goes on. I seem to remember him losing playing time as the season went along last year. 

i don’t think he trusts his speed or hips especially on long developing routes.

luckily it seems like the system is CB friendly with the great safeties we’ve got.

13 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

TK is a physical freek. I loved him coming out of college. tall, long, i love it!!

You ain't kidding about the long. He would have made fine NBA power forward, if the ball skills were any good.

I once played pickup with a future NBA PF. I had both hands on a rebound and he got one hand under the ball. He almost lifted me off the floor before my grip slipped. 

J

On 10/28/2020 at 6:51 PM, lomaxgrUK said:

Hello all, enemy at the gates ...

I do a film review after each of our games in the Broncos forum. Naturally, the review is centred around us, but there's plenty of Chief notes thus far.

Feel free to pop in and laugh at our pain.

(Notes are now finished for this, FYI)