Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

16 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He's to valuable to just dump with Kyries injury history.

Not with Gordo back really. There are so many ball handlers on this team along with scorers. Terry was necessary because Tatum was a rookie and not ready for the full load and Marcus cant score consistently. If Kyrie goes out again, Marcus becomes the primary ball handler with Gordo and Tatum taking over the scoring load. 

Well I told you so first (pats self on back) but in the meantime I don't buy that he has Less trade value. All you need is a couple of teams in need to have a modest bidding war. There are teams who could really use Rozier. Question is what do we get in return.

I would prefer Mikal Bridges, but would consider JJ instead. The Suns would be so much better getting Rozier and getting rid of the clog and the Wing position.

Seven teams reportedly interested. Honestly if he NEEDS to be traded (IE is complaining about PT and hurting team chemistry) then trade him for a role player and future picks. We dont need anything right now, even if you take Terry off the roster you just adjust guys' roles. Get futures to stockpile for big trades and/or to use them to replenish the roster as guys leave for more money than they are worth and stay competitive for years to come. 

40 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Seven teams reportedly interested. Honestly if he NEEDS to be traded (IE is complaining about PT and hurting team chemistry) then trade him for a role player and future picks. We dont need anything right now, even if you take Terry off the roster you just adjust guys' roles. Get futures to stockpile for big trades and/or to use them to replenish the roster as guys leave for more money than they are worth and stay competitive for years to come. 

Yep. Would rather get picks way down the line, like 2022 and later.

On 11/6/2018 at 10:33 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Clearly you are more optimistic than me that's fine hopefully you're right. But I don't mind the growing pains with R Williams. He has the upside that we will need come playoffs against the better teams. Not the others so let him grow now while he's still can

Clearly, because I know that games in October and early November don't matter come playoff time. If they're still playing like this in April then you can start getting worried. Also, very unlikely that Williams gets minutes in the playoffs with this roster. Barring any major injuries

Just like the Patriots. Everyone acts like the sky is falling in September and now they're 7-2. 

16 minutes ago, Spooky said:

Ainge shot down the reports of Rozier getting upset with how many minutes he’s getting & that the he hasn’t been contacted about a trade from any team. Take that information as you will

this is what any GM would say. Commons sense would dictate that Rozier is frustrated at the least. He proclaimed last year that he "is a starter" in this league. and this is his contract year. And while it may not matter what teams play like in Oct-Nov vs playoffs etc, There is still a major problem that won't easily go away, and that is there are too many needy ball dominant players. There are games where Tatum, Hayward and/or Brown go 1 for 5. It is hard to get in sync when so many players are putting up shots. 

I agree that too many guys are trying to play iso ball especially when they have a string of good offensive possessions. It’s a long season though and they’ll figure it out. These are the growing pains I expected last year but we didn’t get because Hayward went down and Tatum ended up being a great complement to their offense with what he was asked to do. Now we have 2 stars coming back into the mix & Tatum who is trying to evolve his game more than just as a spot up 3 pt shooter. 

I also feel like Rozier is a culprit of trying to do a lot himself. People are just clinging to what he did last playoffs. Similar to Tatum trying to do more than last year, Rozier is in the same boat. 

And you don’t think Morris wants more minutes? Or Smart? Everyone wants more minutes. I think Rozier gets brought up because he’s going to be a restricted free agent. But I’m not totally disagreeing that this is “GM talk”. 

Suns up tonight. Celtics are 9.5 point favorites according yo Bovada. 

19 minutes ago, Spooky said:

I agree that too many guys are trying to play iso ball especially when they have a string of good offensive possessions. It’s a long season though and they’ll figure it out. These are the growing pains I expected last year but we didn’t get because Hayward went down and Tatum ended up being a great complement to their offense with what he was asked to do. Now we have 2 stars coming back into the mix & Tatum who is trying to evolve his game more than just as a spot up 3 pt shooter. 

I also feel like Rozier is a culprit of trying to do a lot himself. People are just clinging to what he did last playoffs. Similar to Tatum trying to do more than last year, Rozier is in the same boat. 

And you don’t think Morris wants more minutes? Or Smart? Everyone wants more minutes. I think Rozier gets brought up because he’s going to be a restricted free agent. But I’m not totally disagreeing that this is “GM talk”. 

Suns up tonight. Celtics are 9.5 point favorites according yo Bovada. 

For the sake of argument, would you do a Rozier to Suns for Josh Jackson? JJ seems to be the odd man out based on playing time, the recently improved playing of Mikal etc.. Suns really wanted Rozier and Josh would be a solid defensive player who "may not" need the ball as much.

16 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

For the sake of argument, would you do a Rozier to Suns for Josh Jackson? JJ seems to be the odd man out based on playing time, the recently improved playing of Mikal etc.. Suns really wanted Rozier and Josh would be a solid defensive player who "may not" need the ball as much.

Id do that in a heartbeat. Suns would laugh and hang up.

11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

11 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Id do that in a heartbeat. Suns would laugh and hang up.

Would not do that in a heartbeat. What kind of cookies are you eating?

There were need to be some more pieces in this trade. I was not high on Jackson coming out of Kansas and still not. He's very athletic though. I just think Rozier is so valuable if Irving goes down, god forbid. Jackson wouldn't be able to fill that role.