Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Who has gotten exponentially better each year he's been in the league. If he did play injured to make the bonus, then whatever. Don't bother me none. I'd do the same

Just unusual to play to the exact game requirement contractually and then hang it up on the season before it is over and right before the playoffs start no less. That is all. I am speculating that it is something that the GM will consider should a trade scenario arise when going through the roster this off season.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Just unusual to play to the exact game requirement contractually and then hang it up on the season before it is over and right before the playoffs start no less. That is all. I am speculating that it is something that the GM will consider should a trade scenario arise when going through the roster this off season.

trading Brown just makes no sense. We've had players try to play through injuries and ruin their careers

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Sure, I thought he got overpaid but he clearly trusted himself to take the next leap regardless of what he got paid. A dude that gets THAT much better after getting paid is a dude worth keeping

At the time, Brown being that person, you're right. At the current moment, it Brown has evolved into a new person and player. I think part of the responsibility of a good GM is to be speculative with the intention of considering every scenario you're potentially managing.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

At the time, Brown being that person, you're right. At the current moment, it Brown has evolved into a new person and player. I think part of the responsibility of a good GM is to be speculative with the intention of considering every scenario you're potentially managing.

it's also true that celtics fans are perhaps some of the most reactionary in the NBA

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

trading Brown just makes no sense. We've had players try to play through injuries and ruin their careers

I disagree, it makes sense if you are able to get a better player or acquire a better overall allotment of players through the money you give your organization to spend as a result of moving Brown with other higher salaries on the roster.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I disagree, it makes sense if you are able to get a better player or acquire a better overall allotment of players through the money you give your organization to spend as a result of moving Brown with other higher salaries on the roster.

we aren't going to get a better allotment of players

I am just expecting Brown and Kemba to be packaged in a trade to get back a good player that is capable of being an All Star whilst dumping Walker's salary and improving the C's defense in addition by subtraction. Too bad too because Kemba gave a lot of effort defensively he just got hurt and can't compensate for his lack of size. Same thing that was happening with IT basically but Kemba doesn't have the same impact energetically overall nor the connection with team/fans/organization that IT had.

32 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I am just expecting Brown and Kemba to be packaged in a trade to get back a good player that is capable of being an All Star whilst dumping Walker's salary and improving the C's defense in addition by subtraction. Too bad too because Kemba gave a lot of effort defensively he just got hurt and can't compensate for his lack of size. Same thing that was happening with IT basically but Kemba doesn't have the same impact energetically overall nor the connection with team/fans/organization that IT had.

If anyone gets moved, it's Kemba/Smart. They ain't gonna move Brown. This just wasn't the year for the Cs timeline. Nesmith, Timelord, Pritchard have flashed pretty huge at points in the year. They need time. 

Example of a roster the Celtics would have if Brown & Kemba are traded:

Smart/TJ McConnell/Pritchard

Norman Powell/Nesmith

Tatum/Fournier/Langford

Pascal Siakam/Torrey Craig

Williams/Nerlens Noel/Thompson 

10 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

If anyone gets moved, it's Kemba/Smart. They ain't gonna move Brown. This just wasn't the year for the Cs timeline. Nesmith, Timelord, Pritchard have flashed pretty huge at points in the year. They need time. 

I just wouldn't be surprised if Ainge tries to use Brown as a means to dump Kemba whilst simultaneously acquiring an All Star caliber guy like I've mentioned. My top candidates for such a move are: Domantas Sabonas, Pascal Siakam, Malcolm Brogdon, Bradley Beal.

A package deal is also possible centered around more than one NBA starter with an above average ceiling. Example: Nickeil Alexander-Walker + Jaxson Hayes, (or Steven Adams).

I bring up these teams because of he history between them and the Celtics as well as the potential fit/need that exists. There had been discussions in the past about acquiring Anthony Davis when he was apart of the Pelicans franchise. There is the blatant connection to the Pacers throughout the years due to the Larry Bird/Ainge dynamic with discussions having taken place throughout the years over guys such as Paul George, Domantas Sabonas, Victor Oladipo, Myles Turner, Doug McDermott, and Gordon Hayward last year.

Bradley Beal has the St. Louis connection to Tatum and fans are aware of their friendship. The Raptors have a need for young talent all of a sudden after losing a lot of their veteran starters and trading away role players that were apart of their roster the last few seasons. What is notable for the Raptors is Siakam's apparent recurring discontentedness at times with head coach Nick Nurse which has led to speculation that he may be dealt at the last trade deadline.

I think the roster is set to undergo big changes this year and to me that necessitates flipping Brown for another player in order to attach Kemba's contract. Smart I think should be traded but I have felt that way for a while and I am no longer holding my breath over it, but I would be happy nonetheless to see him finally land elsewhere. Ultimately Smart would probably have to be included into certain trade scenarios to make the roster cap work for everyone but it isn't impossible to retain him on the C's and make some sort of huge trade work with one or several teams.

My final prediction for the roster though is we see Brown traded. And if he is kept? That isn't a loss at all of course. But I think he will be moved is all.

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Example of a roster the Celtics would have if Brown & Kemba are traded:

Smart/TJ McConnell/Pritchard

Norman Powell/Nesmith

Tatum/Fournier/Langford

Pascal Siakam/Torrey Craig

Williams/Nerlens Noel/Thompson

Man, that is a very optimistic outlook.

• Like 1