Week 9 Game Day Thread

naptownskinsfan

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Know the facts.

I do. Tell me one thing I said that's false. It seems you don't know the facts, since you're ironically trying to blame me for being a biased Gophers fan (when I'm not... and you're the biased Wisconsin fan). The premise here: be smart and protect yourself against covid at all time. Wisconsin's players and staff haven't done that whether in game or not. It makes the B1G look bad, and UW is the only team to f*$# up so far. But knowing the state's reputation, I think we all saw this coming.

Edited by Duluther

The Big Ten season was booby-trapped by the way it was constructed, timeline, etc. Stinks for a lot of these Wisconsin kids and also the teams they’re about to play, because this is going to be more than a one week thing. They will be fortunate to get 5-6 games in.

4 minutes ago, Duluther said:

I do. Seems you don't, since you're ironically trying to blame me for being a biased Gophers fan (when I'm not... and you're the biased Wisconsin fan). The premise here: be smart and protect yourself against covid at all time. Wisconsin's players and staff haven't done that whether in game or not. It makes the B1G look bad, and UW is the only team to f*$# up so far. But knowing the state's reputation, I think we all saw this coming.

Well, I'm not shocked that someone with the name Duluther isn't a Gophers fan considering how embarrassing that program has been for decades now. I'd stay as far away from them as I could as well.

Considering I **** all over my own state, that comment doesn't bother me whatsoever. I'm surrounded by idiots and I've even said it lol. Nice try though. You're barking up the wrong tree there fella.

And LIS, 12 people of well over 100 got it but sure, everyone should be punished. And I'm sure you know just exactly how it all started.

Edited by beekay414

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well, I'm not shocked that someone with the name Duluther isn't a Gophers fan considering how embarrassing that program has been for decades now. I'd stay as far away from them as I could as well.

Considering I **** all over my own state, that comment doesn't bother me whatsoever. I'm surrounded by idiots and I've even said it lol. Nice try though. You're barking up the wrong tree there fella.

And LIS, 12 people of well over 100 got it but sure, everyone should be punished. And I'm sure you know just exactly how it all started.

If a team can't play, why should the team not be punished? Doesn't matter if it's 1 or 50 people on the team. If it's in the red, it's in the red. Wisconsin not being able to play is an unprovoked punishment for their opponents and the conference by way of reputation and revenue. 

And taking shots at presumed fandom and now username. What else do you have? 

Edited by Duluther

3 minutes ago, Duluther said:

If a team can't play, why should the team not be punished? Doesn't matter if it's 1 or 50 people on the team. If it's in the red, it's in the red. Wisconsin not being able to play is an unprovoked punishment for their opponents and the conference by way of reputation and revenue.

Because you don't punish a collective group for the actions of a few and you also have no idea how it transmitted or started in the first place. If it started as simply as someone's roommate got it and then didn't wash his hands before touching the doorknob, there's no irresponsibility there. You have no idea what happened and you're here proposing the innocent kids that did everything right get punished. Reasonable take there, hombre.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Tell us then, oh wise one, who you root for.

So you can combat who I root for rather than the topic at hand? Twice you've made this about me and not a non COVID/UW outbreak discussion. 

And  specific football teams and teams of other sports have already been given warnings for COVID outbreaks (not to be confused with mishandling COVID outbreaks). So at the very least UW could be on warning. And fine have already been dolled out for NFL coaches not properly wearing facemasks during games. So at the very least here, Chryst could receive a fine - if the NCAA pressed. 

1 minute ago, Duluther said:

So you can combat who I root for rather than the topic at hand? Twice you've made this about me and not a non COVID/UW outbreak discussion. 

And every time you've quoted me, you've made yourself a victim rather than addressing the points that have been made. I'm not shocked. I've been on this site for several years. Your kind is nothing new. Who do you root for? C'mon. Sack up, big man.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And every time you've quoted me, you've made yourself a victim rather than addressing the points that have been made. I'm not shocked. I've been on this site for several years. Your kind is nothing new. Who do you root for? C'mon. Sack up, big man.

Address the issue at hand. Who I root for is irrelevant. I've addressed every point that's been made.

Edited by Duluther

2 minutes ago, Duluther said:

And  specific football teams and teams of other sports have already been given warnings for COVID outbreaks (not to be confused with mishandling COVID outbreaks). So at the very least UW could be on warning. And fine have already been dolled out for NFL coaches not properly wearing facemasks during games. So at the very least here, Chryst could receive a fine - if the NCAA pressed. 

And Wisconsin's the one that decided to cancel the game, not the B1G. They took it upon themselves to get it figured out but you wouldn't know this because you're not interested in facts. You just have an agenda to make and that's all you care about. 

Just now, Duluther said:

Address the issue at hand. Who I root for is irrelevant.

I have, several times. You've ignored it.

You're the typical person that hides behind a keyboard. And no, you claim I'm biased and then won't put yourself out there. I've addressed several things that you've put off because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Sack up, big time.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And Wisconsin's the one that decided to cancel the game, not the B1G. They took it upon themselves to get it figured out but you wouldn't know this because you're not interested in facts. You just have an agenda to make and that's all you care about. 

This is textbook playing the victim. Not sure how you accuse me of such, and of creating an agenda against UW. Look into my post history and find how many posts I discuss UW. It's close to nil. I'm discussing UW now because they're affecting things much bigger than the for once, and not in a good way. This isn't an agenda, this is commentary on an institution that's failed to meet the guidelines to play a football game - the first institution to fail in their conference. B1G was on thin ice coming into the season and UW is breaking that ice. 

You keep saying I'm not addressing an issue. What issue of yours already posted have I yet to address?

Edited by Duluther

8 minutes ago, Duluther said:

This is textbook playing the victim. Not sure how you accuse me of such, and of creating an agenda against UW. Look into my post history and find how many posts I discuss UW. It's nil. I'm discussing UW now because they're affecting things much bigger than the for once, and not in a good way. This isn't an agenda, this is commentary on an institution that's failed to meet the guidelines to play a football game - the first institution to fail in their conference. B1G was on thin ice coming into the season and UW is breaking that ice. 

You keep saying I'm not addressing an issue. What issue of yours already posted have I yet to address?

lol no it isn't. Holy hell. It's the truth. Wisconsin cancelled their game. Not the B1G. Those are facts.

You haven't addressed the fact that you have no idea how any of it started. You haven't addressed how it's even remotely reasonable to punish 100+ people for something that potentially started as innocently as someone's roommate catching the virus and it falling from there. You automatically assumed the worst and took it as fact. Your take is flat out ridiculous and idiotic. 

And a game against a non-contender like Nebraska doesn't even remotely matter in the grand scheme of things. This is like bitching about cancelling a game vs an FCS opponent. Wisconsin isn't winning the B1G anyways. Not this year. But, yeah, let's punish the entire team over something we're not even remotely educated on. You don't know the facts so do us all a favor and stfu with this agenda until we do. This is like reading an article headline, not the article, and then making a **** storm out of very little "information." 

And the agenda isn't about Wisconsin. It's about covid and punishing teams for outbreaks that we have no clue how they happened. 

Edited by beekay414