Name me Two players that.....

vegas492

34 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The d-bag part of him had me not wanting him.

But he fits what this offense is missing.

As in, no offense to Allen Robinson and the discussion we are having about him, but he isn't what is missing from the offense.

No doubt Kittle would be amazing, but our TE's are doing very well.

And I'm really struggling to figure out who else crosses the field as well as Hill.  Or can do the motion stuff as well as him.

And I might still be swayed with another defender.

Fair points, agreed.

45 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Ramsey - agree he's got issues they all do he tackles like my sister if you watched last night. But when he's right he can shut down a

I think he's built to play physical football but will turn it on when he needs it.  On a "got to have it" 4th down stop, he set the edge against a lineman allowing his teamates to TFL to slam the door on the Bears.  He can take out any elite pass catcher from smaller shifty players to long burners to rugged TE's.  We do have a great group of at least 3 corners but he would improve us there.

With that I would still take Aaron Donald to completely destroy the interior and let our edges feast and Jamal Adams.  He has a ton of versatility like Ramsey but from the safety position and unlike Derwin James, will be available this year.  The offense would have to make due, but with a buzzsaw defense and an improved running game, you tell 12 to go earn his contract and bring the Lombardi home.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I think he's built to play physical football but will turn it on when he needs it.  On a "got to have it" 4th down stop, he set the edge against a lineman allowing his teamates to TFL to slam the door on the Bears.  He can take out any elite pass catcher from smaller shifty players to long burners to rugged TE's.  We do have a great group of at least 3 corners but he would improve us there.

With that I would still take Aaron Donald to completely destroy the interior and let our edges feast and Jamal Adams.  He has a ton of versatility like Ramsey but from the safety position and unlike Derwin James, will be available this year.  The offense would have to make due, but with a buzzsaw defense and an improved running game, you tell 12 to go earn his contract and bring the Lombardi home.

nothing wrong with what you're talking about.

57 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Love the explanation.  Thank you.

Now...is Derwin James healthy? I think he's on IR, torn knee.

Have a comp ready to go?  Honey Badger?

No, what’s his name Pittsburgh?  From the Dolphins.  I wanna say Minkah, yeah that’s it.  Minkah Fitzpatrick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No, what’s his name Pittsburgh?  From the Dolphins.  I wanna say Minkah, yeah that’s it.  Minkah Fitzpatrick.

weren't the Packers trying to get Minkah a couple years ago?  Man I'd love him on the team

9 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Well, any duo that doesn't have Donald is wrong. 

So I'd go with Kittle as the other.  Was tempted to go double defense but adding Donald would make everyone better.  

This was my duo as well. Donald is obvious. I like building on the trenches and I love the Minkah idea (he was my crush that year). But Kittle can give you so much both as a blocker on the line and as a reciever, at a position of relative weakness 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chillparsi1 said:

This was my duo as well. Donald is obvious. I like building on the trenches and I love the Minkah idea (he was my crush that year). But Kittle can give you so much both as a blocker on the line and as a reciever, at a position of relative weakness 

and as others have mentioned is absolutely perfect for this offense.  

59 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

If you take one reciever in offense that guy must be Kittle, who matches perfectly with what LaFleur wants to do in offense.

No doubt. And adds physicality to the equation.  I thought about him right away.  I think, though, we have a Kittle "lite" in Tonyan.  And the best football is still in front of Tonyan.

58 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Hadn't thought about that.  Jamal Adams.

So, is he putting Amos or Savage on the pine?  Or is he taking over a linebacker role?

While I really like the thought...adding him doesn't do it for me, as it means putting someone else on the bench (Savage/Amos) or he's playing a linebacker role and that just begs to be run on consistently.

Then there is the Pettine factor.  Amos plays better around the LOS.  But we don't see him up there that often.  I think Pettine would waste a lot of what Adams does that makes him special.

I don't think that Adams moves the needle more than a WR or another corner.