Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, jofos said:

I didn't realize this is the 5th time the Chargers have blown a double digit lead lol. Their game against the Falcons should be really painful to watch.

It should be special. I have never quite seen a team so able to dominate for one part of the game, and yet roll over and die for the rest of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Teams don't beat themselves? Is this guy for real? 

So your not willing to admit the Bronco 'beat themselves' in the first half but he Chargers just so happened to 'beat themselves' in the second half?

Both are either true, or not true. Its not one or the other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Again, Drew Lock is 5-3 as a starter and is going into his 9th career start next week. Who are you to say how good Drew Lock is?

How are you so confident in Justin Herbert if sample size matters?

Guy are you even being real right now? Like i dont know if you are intentionally being trollish or just very defensive. 

Lock outside his games to the Chargers has 6 tds to 6 ints. Even if you count Chargers, 11 tds to 8 ints.  In 8 games. Wont even get into his comp, ypa and passer rating.

6 games in vs 8 games in, anyone with eyes can see the difference between Herbert and Lock. But keep fighting that good fight.

Just now, Kael said:

It should be special. I have never quite seen a team so able to dominate for one part of the game, and yet roll over and die for the rest of it.

If I was involved in that game I would just let the other team score in the first half, I mean not even put the defense out there, that would basically guarantee we would win.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

So your not willing to admit the Bronco 'beat themselves' in the first half but he Chargers just so happened to 'beat themselves' in the second half?

Both are either true, or not true. Its not one or the other.

You really are struggling with understanding how football works.  Only 1 is true and that is based on the flow of the game and consistent production throughout the game.

Chargers were never dominated like Den was the entire 1st half. They just started beating themselves with conservatives play calls, untimely penalties like the crackblock. The best jump ball WR in the league letting a pass go through his hands and into a 5'10 dbs arm as he isnt even looking.

So your not willing to admit the Bronco 'beat themselves' in the first half

I could agree with your point. Except this is not a one game issue for the Chargers, they have taken multiple score leads and then went on to blow them, against several teams this year. It is more a Charger issue than an isolated incident.

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Guy are you even being real right now? Like i dont know if you are intentionally being trollish or just very defensive. 

Lock outside his games to the Chargers has 6 tds to 6 ints. Even if you count Chargers, 11 tds to 8 ints.  In 8 games. Wont even get into his comp, ypa and passer rating.

6 games in vs 8 games in, anyone with eyes can see the difference between Herbert and Lock. But keep fighting that good fight.

Last season when Lock got 5 games to start he had 7 TDs/2 INT---he went 4-1 and had a 90 QBR.................

STOOOOP. The Chargers blow and let a 'bad QB' according to yourself come back from a 24-3 deficit. Bad QBs dont do that. Its perfectly okay to admit he played really well in the second half, caught fire and beat a talented team. Its perfectly okay for you to say that...it doesnt make you less of a Chargers fan or a man. Its fine. I promise.

Last season when Lock got 5 games to start he had 7 TDs/2 INT---he went 4-1 and had a 90 QBR.................

STOOOOP. The Chargers blow and let a 'bad QB' according to yourself come back from a 24-3 deficit. Bad QBs dont do that. Its perfectly okay to admit he played really well in the second half, caught fire and beat a talented team. Its perfectly okay for you to say that...it doesnt make you less of a Chargers fan or a man. Its fine. I promise.

Outside of his game vs Houston, he was not good. Why do you struggle to just accept that? He didnt break 200 yds in 3 of his 5 starts last year and in 1, barely broke 200 yds. 

Bad qbs make comebacks to teams who choke in the 2nd half. It happens all the time.

We'll reconvene at the end of the year and see what your thoughts are on Lock then. If I'm wrong ill own it. I didnt see a qb playing well. I saw a defense play horrible. He made a nice play at the end of the game to win it. Outside of that, nah.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I mean Driskel's rookie year isn't that much different than Lock's was.

Outside of completion percentage, yards/attempt, yards/completion, touchdowns, QBR, standard QB rating...

Ignore ALL of that, then... Yeah, I guess?

• Like 1