Jaguars’ Minshew has multiple fractures and strained ligament in right thumb, Jags to start Luton

pwny

5 hours ago, pwny said:

As I know you're a fantasy owner of Chark, yes that's probably the most justifiable reason for that. But insofar as Minshew being a good QB, it's merely a part of the reason he's fallen apart. He looks uncomfortable in the pocket and his reads have in general not been good, and that's not something that can be blamed on the hand.

An injured throwing hand can definitely trickle down to other aspects of your game. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, animaltested said:

Oh so is this his excuse for not being able to throw catchable balls to Chark?

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, I would say it's a valid excuse...

Doesn't mean he doesn't have his own issues but having a broken bone in your throwing hand probably affects your throws.

All I can think of is Carson Palmer once he broke his thumb in his throwing hand for us. The vertical passing attack that our offense was built around was hobbled and he had to change up everything. He didn't look the same afterwards, I think it got to his head. The only reason that we won any games after that was because we still had a top-10 defense and Larry Fitzgerald went bananas against the Packers in the clutch during the Divisional Round.

12 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

All I can think of is Carson Palmer once he broke his thumb in his throwing hand for us. The vertical passing attack that our offense was built around was hobbled and he had to change up everything. He didn't look the same afterwards, I think it got to his head. The only reason that we won any games after that was because we still had a top-10 defense and Larry Fitzgerald went bananas against the Packers in the clutch during the Divisional Round.

To be fair, this was after the Dolphins and Bengals games in which he struggled too. Who knows when exactly it happened in Houston, but he wasn't good that week either. But yeah, it's definitely played a role. I even said the past few weeks this doesn't look like normal Gardner during games. Something was clearly off. 

37 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Where have you seen that? 

I haven't seen it anywhere.  I just assumed that if you guys take a QB in the draft that you would probably be trading him in the offseason.  It sounds like the injuries are serious enough to keep him out of the rest of this season.  Could he be back this year or next?

Edited by Uncle Buck

49 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I haven't seen it anywhere.  I just assumed that if you guys take a QB in the draft that you would probably be trading him in the offseason.  It sounds like the injuries are serious enough to keep him out of the rest of this season.  Could he be back this year or next?

Not sure about the injury keeping him that long. Guess it depends on how serious it is but if he's played with it for a few weeks I imagine it's not season threatening.

With him making only 700K for two more years and a rookie coming in wouldn't surprise me if we brought the guy in slowly unless it Lawrence or maybe Fields.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Not sure about the injury keeping him that long. Guess it depends on how serious it is but if he's played with it for a few weeks I imagine it's not season threatening.

With him making only 700K for two more years and a rookie coming in wouldn't surprise me if we brought the guy in slowly unless it Lawrence or maybe Fields.

The trick will be who they draft and who the coach/GM are.

Marrone has to be gone. He's a complete joke now.

Fans may want Minshew to stay around and compete or mentor for 2 years but we have no idea what the new guy will want.

It will also be OC3 in year 3 for Minshew.

• Like 2