Why do the Chargers keep blowing big leads?

Slingin' Sammy

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Especially because in order to have done that, they would have done it through the air. So his stats would look even better. It would be crazy good. Clear ROTY, clear top 3 MVP

And to do it with Lynn and Shane to boot. I was worried the hair cut would be his demise. It was just the Jets so we will see vs Bills and Pats (i know Bill's defenses are always a nightmare for rookies)

5 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

And to do it with Lynn and Shane to boot. I was worried the hair cut would be his demise. It was just the Jets so we will see vs Bills and Pats (i know Bill's defenses are always a nightmare for rookies)

We don't have a pass rush, so he should go off again. 

They blow leads because they’re not as good of a team as Internet forums hype them up to be.

If this happened once or twice, it’s bad luck. When it happens consistently and repeatedly, you’re a bad team. It’s weird that it’s considered bad luck or misfortune when they blow a lead.

Why can’t it be that they just got lucky having a lead in the first place?

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

They blow leads because they’re not as good of a team as Internet forums hype them up to be.

If this happened once or twice, it’s bad luck. When it happens consistently and repeatedly, you’re a bad team. It’s weird that it’s considered bad luck or misfortune when they blow a lead.

It’s definitely partly their fault.  As well as Herbert played against us, he also missed some easy throws in overtime, they turned the ball over on downs and lost the game.  They missed the game winning field goal, which sucks, but having a good field goal kicker is part of the game.  Their defense let us back in it to start with.  

Theres som bad luck, and there’s some blame to go around all over the team.

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

So they got lucky to get double digit leads, but are not good because they lost them. 

This is bad logic. They are badly coached in situational football. They have the roster to instantaneously win 13 games next year... but they need an adequate coach. It really is that simple.

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

So they got lucky to get double digit leads, but are not good because they lost them. 

That’s not what I’m saying is the case.

It’s just not a coincidence you guys routinely lose close games. Those games probably shouldn’t have been close to begin with and you lucked out in building some of those leads.

55 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

That’s not what I’m saying is the case.

It’s just not a coincidence you guys routinely lose close games. Those games probably shouldn’t have been close to begin with and you lucked out in building some of those leads.

Nah. You dont get lucky if you build 3 score leads constantly, especially vs good teams. Its not like we build the leads with big ST plays, or lucky bounces, or big turnovers. We just beat teams straight up early. Then late, coaching becomes predictable, conservative, doesn't adjust to changes in game flow and team crumbles.