Week 9: Lions (3-4) at VIKINGS (2-5)

swede700

46 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Lynch seemed to give up snaps to Mata'afa last game and Wonnum should continue to get more snaps.  He has looked promising in his limited snaps.

Mata'afa appeared to get a lot of snaps at DE (that's what I recall). He actually looked better out there.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Griffen not happy with Zimmer calling him a "good" player on Twitter.

Over/Under 2.5 times Everson gets called for offsides?

I'll take the under, but not with enough confidence to put anything super meaningful down on the under.

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I know. Griffen is blowing this way out of proportion and looking like a clown IMO.

Perhaps he'll make me eat my words on Sunday.

He's just using it for internal motivation.  It's not a big deal to me.  Reiff used to go against him in practice every day, so we'll see how it goes on Sunday.

Just now, swede700 said:

He's just using it for internal motivation.  It's not a big deal to me.  Reiff used to go against him in practice every day, so we'll see how it goes on Sunday.

I understand what he's using it for. I just think he's making it a bigger deal than it needs to be is all.

Will be fun to watch him against Reiff who has been playing very well this year.

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I understand what he's using it for. I just think he's making it a bigger deal than it needs to be is all.

Will be fun to watch him against Reiff who has been playing very well this year.

I think we've always known he's an emotional person...it's kind of what's been lacking in the Vikings' locker-room this year.    

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I think we've always known he's an emotional person...it's kind of what's been lacking in the Vikings' locker-room this year.    

Certainly something to be said for that vocal leadership void on the team. I do wish he would've accepted the Vikings offer. From what I remember he took more money to go to Dallas (no idea how much more though).

On 11/6/2020 at 11:34 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I'm interested to see how the DE position plays out. Wonnum is decent but probably won't see much more than passing down situations.

Do we stay with Holmes or finally give Mata'afa his chance to shine?

Mata'afa has already had several chances to shine. He never took advantage of them. The Packers game was his best.

Holmes also has never taken advantage of his opportunities. If they give Mata'afa more opportunities hopefully he builds upon his performance against the Packers.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 2

Injuries galore on pg 1 for the Vikings...should Harrison Hand not even play, the only active CBs will be Gladney, Boyd and newly acquired Chris Jones (along with practice squad guys Marcus Sayles...who was resigned a week or so go after being let go in August...and Luther Kirk, who's been there for a month)