Raiders Offense Thread 2.0:

MrOaktown_56

10 hours ago, Totty said:

I expect nothing in the way of Brown getting cut, released, etc.  We went through this with TW, DC, and Gabe.  My prediction is he'll be on the roster next year.  

Gruden doesn't seem to have a lot of patience for guys who don't play through injuries and make themselves available. He might stay with a restructuring of his contract. 

Cutting Brown and Williams saves them 25.6 million in cap next season. 

4 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Kinda remind me of the Chiefs few years ago. They had a bad defense but a good offense led by Alex Smith, who had a career year much like Carr. The obvious choice was to get better on defense but instead they dared to be great and drafted Smith's replacement. I wouldn't be opposed to daring to be great if offense is going to be our indentity. You can build a complimentary defense to an elite o.

I've been saying this for a while now, we're like the Chiefs with Smith, good offensive pieces with a game managing QB. Get a real, dynamic playmaker at QB and our offense probably takes a huge step up. Which is why I'd be all in on moving up to draft someone like Wilson or Fields. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Gruden doesn't seem to have a lot of patience for guys who don't play through injuries and make themselves available. He might stay with a restructuring of his contract. 

Cutting Brown and Williams saves them 25.6 million in cap next season. 

Williams is gone for sure, he took everything Raiders related off of his social media accounts as soon as he was put on IR. $22M for 5 healthy games just isn't going to cut it. Isn't Kolton up for an extension soon as well? I can't imagine Grudock is excited about potentially paying Brown $14M next season when he has played in 15/32 games the last two seasons. If we do cut Brown I hope that we use our 2nd round pick on Daniel Faalele as his replacement. 

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've been saying this for a while now, we're like the Chiefs with Smith, good offensive pieces with a game managing QB. Get a real, dynamic playmaker at QB and our offense probably takes a huge step up. Which is why I'd be all in on moving up to draft someone like Wilson or Fields. 

Who wouldn't say that? Yes, our offense would be better if we had a Patrick Mahomes at QB. Now, how do you get a Patrick Mahomes?

12 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Who wouldn't say that? Yes, our offense would be better if we had a Patrick Mahomes at QB. Now, how do you get a Patrick Mahomes?

I'm not saying we need Mahomes but adding a more dynamic QB would definitely take our offense to the next level. Mariota isn't even very good and his ability to scramble made our offense look completely different. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

If you go for that Qb and draft a Winston, MM, Rosen, Trashbinski, Locke, Darnold, Geno Smith etc.  you set the franchise back 5 years and Mayock gets fired.  I think everyone on this website thinks Mahomes or Russ type Qb's just grow on trees, this isn't Madden and if Mayock moves on from Carr and mortgages the future he better be 100 percent certain that Qb is a vast improvement or his career as a GM is over.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If you go for that Qb and draft a Winston, MM, Rosen, Trashbinski, Locke, Darnold, Geno Smith etc.  you set the franchise back 5 years and Mayock gets fired.  I think everyone on this website thinks Mahomes or Russ type Qb's just grow on trees, this isn't Madden and if Mayock moves on from Carr and mortgages the future he better be 100 percent certain that Qb is a vast improvement or his career as a GM is over.

We've had 1 winning season in 7 years with Carr, how far would we be set back? We aren't winning with Carr.

Just now, NYRaider said:

We've had 1 winning season in 7 years with Carr, how far would we be set back? We aren't winning with Carr.

You're linking wins directly with our QB?  You clearly still do not understand football SMH

If you cant see that this is a 4 win team based on talent then I don't know what to tell you.  Carr's game has elevated these bums to an 8 win season, that is impressive considering how terrible his supporting cast is. 

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're linking wins directly with our QB?  You clearly still do not understand football SMH

If you cant see that this is a 4 win team based on talent then I don't know what to tell you.  Carr's game has elevated these bums to an 8 win season, that is impressive considering how terrible his supporting cast is. 

Carr is an above average player but will need an elite defense and supporting cast to ever get over the hump. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Hard to say but I'd probably put him somewhere around 12-14. 

Throw some names out there ahead of him.  I bet when you really think about you'll have him in the top 10.  Is that something you're willing to move on from with a friendly contract and running the risk of drafting a complete bum like Trashbinski?  

Most fans want that want to move on from Carr have no legit answer other than draft a guy like Mahomes LOL Like it's that easy and furthermore if that QB is a bust Mayock is fired and the team is in a situation like the Bears having to scramble and overpay for bums like Foles.  Is that something you want because even an elite D can't help the Bears win a SB.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

My answer is to move up in the draft for Wilson or Fields. 

So mortgage future picks for unproven commodities, similar to what the Bears did for Trashbinski?  That worked out well for them LOL

You're convinced that Fields and Wilson are can't miss prospects who will be pro bowlers for years to come? 

What were your thoughts on Tua last year or Darnold before that?  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz