Raiders Offense Thread 2.0:

MrOaktown_56

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

They've been to the playoffs and will go to the playoffs again this year. 

What's your point?  Is making the playoffs all you strive for? LOL 

They have zero percent chance of willing a SB with Trashbinski at QB.  ZERO...

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Isn't the point of football to make the playoffs so you have a chance to compete for a Super Bowl? How often has Carr done that for us? 

The point is winning a SB.  No one cares about 2nd place.  

Once again linking the teams success directly to Carr is about as lazy and uneducated of an opinion as one can have.  

That's like saying the Bears are a playoff team because of Trashbinski.  You can't be that clueless SMH

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again linking the teams success directly to Carr is about as lazy and uneducated of an opinion as one can have.  

lol 

Team success has always been and will always be directly linked to QB/HC. Which is why they're the only two people who have W/L directly tied to them. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

lol 

Team success has always been and will always be directly linked to QB/HC. Which is why they're the only two people who have W/L directly tied to them. 

So the Bears are a playoff team bc of Trashbinski?

The Ravens won a SB bc of Dilfer?

The Bucks won a SB bc of Brad Johnson?

The Ravens won a SB bc of Flacco?

Are you saying they are better QB's than Marino bc they all have a SB ring?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I've been saying this for a while now, we're like the Chiefs with Smith, good offensive pieces with a game managing QB. Get a real, dynamic playmaker at QB and our offense probably takes a huge step up. Which is why I'd be all in on moving up to draft someone like Wilson or Fields. 

Does anyone else notice that Fields stares down his primary receiver a lot.

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

So the Bears are a playoff team bc of Trashbinski?

The Ravens won a SB bc of Dilfer?

The Bucks won a SB bc of Brad Johnson?

The Ravens won a SB bc of Flacco?

Are you saying they are better QB's than Marino bc they all have a SB ring?

You can't be serious pumping that nonsense. LOL

Did I ever say that Dilfer, Johnson, or Flacco were better than Marino? Nope. But wins/losses will always be directly tied to QB/HC, that's just the reality of the NFL.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Did I ever say that Dilfer, Johnson, or Flacco were better than Marino? Nope. But wins/losses will always be directly tied to QB/HC, that's just the reality of the NFL.

You said success is ALWAYS linked to QB/HC.  If what you're saying is true then SB winning QB's like Dilfer, Flacco and Johnson are better QB's than Marino because their team reached the ultimate success and those SB victories are a direct result of their QB play.  

You can't be serious spewing out that nonsense SMH

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You said success is ALWAYS linked to QB/HC.  If what you're saying is true then SB winning QB's like Dilfer, Flacco and Johnson are better QB's than Marino because their team reached the ultimate success and those SB victories are a direct result of their QB play.  

You can't be serious spewing out that nonsense SMH

You're right bro, Carr's the best QB in the NFL. Can't wait to go 7-9 or 6-10 again next season with him. 

I've never said Carr is the best QB in the NFL and it is possible to upgrade over him but the risk involved in that is tremendous.  

Linking wins and losses directly to Qb play is about as lazy and naive a narrative as one can have, a very low brow thought process.

To think that our lack of winning is directly related to Carr is the definition of having tunnel vision and not being able to grasp the big picture.   You say our 8 and 8 (possibly) record this season is a negative, which I do not agree with.   I want to win a SB as much as the next guy but going 8 and 8 with this dumpster fire of a roster is a testament as to how good Carr is not how bad he is.  Like i said before the season this is a 4 to 6 win team based on talent and he has elevate the play of these bums and gives us a chance to win almost every week. 

If we move on from Carr and draft a bum like Darnold, Rosen, Trashbinski, Winston this is a 4 win team with our current roster.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Does anyone else notice that Fields stares down his primary receiver a lot.

Yeah..... this is a major problem.   Fields has major issues with this.... and he’s going to struggle with reading defenses IMO.  That offense is very QB friendly.  He stands back their with no pressure and has time for these deep routes to develop. He actually waits til the WR has a step in the Cb and the S is out of the play to release the ball..... and that don’t happen in the nfl consistently.

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That's like saying the Bears are a playoff team because of Trashbinski.  You can't be that clueless SMH

1. He'll never bring any kind of analysis to the table. He's right, you're wrong, end of story, no explanation needed. And if backed into a corner, he'll literally just start making things up on the fly. You know this lol. 

2. Oh, yes, he absolutely can be. You know this lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

1. He'll never bring any kind of analysis to the table. He's right, you're wrong, end of story, no explanation needed. And if backed into a corner, he'll literally just start making things up on the fly. You know this lol. 

2. Oh, yes, he absolutely can be. You know this lol.

Aren't you the guy that said Jalen Hurts is better than Lamar Jackson could ever dream to be...

200.gif

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Aren't you the guy that said Jalen Hurts is better than Lamar Jackson could ever dream to be...

200.gif

Yep. And I made that claim without having to pretend that a league MVP award means he's the greatest QB to grace our screens. 

Cam Newton won one. Nobody is calling him a great QB or claiming he's a better QB than, say, Philip Rivers who never won one, or even Justin Herbert or Tua who came in with hype but (obviously) also don't have MVP's because they haven't even started a full season. 

I'll giive you this, you're fantastic at taking hype trains and pretending that it's the best thing ever. Linda Lovelace would be jealous, so you should take pride in that. But your "takes" rarely transcend a very simplistic troll-like stream of one liners and a full throated guarantees that you are correct and context or facts be damned. Given your routine lack of explanation and inability to string together a reasonable or even decently researched argument without throwing a mini tantrum and never actually answering a question when challenged, I 100% stand by my opinion that you're "that clueless" and @Frankie2Gunz doesn't deserve to have his time wasted by a flamer troll on a football forum. 

• Like 1