Raiders Offense Thread 2.0:

MrOaktown_56

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I agreed with your initial post

1) he is a solid starting lt esp Considering his durability 

2) not pay him like a all pro Also agree with and why I laughed

3) he’ll get a good contract I also agree but  say his agents play hard ball and want top dollar.

would you pay miller top lt $?

I wouldn’t pay him top LT dollar, no. I guess we took “payday” in that earlier post to mean different things. The way I see it, if he gets the 10th highest LT contract then I’d call that a good payday, haha.

I think we have to keep him though. And if he’s paid in the 8-12 range of LTs I’d be happy with that.

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

True those are the core pieces. Just a lot of turnover in one offseason for the offensive line. Would rather use draft assets on defense and not the offensive line. 

For the amount of resources we have invested in the OL, they sure didn't perform as well as expected. They were a pretty big disappointment for me, mainly the interior run blocking. I get there was a ton of shuffling with Richie/Jackson/Brown/Miller hurt at different times but there is simply too much money invested in that group imo.

7 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I wouldn’t pay him top LT dollar, no. I guess we took “payday” in that earlier post to mean different things. The way I see it, if he gets the 10th highest LT contract then I’d call that a good payday, haha.

I think we have to keep him though. And if he’s paid in the 8-12 range of LTs I’d be happy with that.

Agree just know sometimes agents play hardball and paydays gets ugly And we don’t get any home town discounts lol

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For the amount of resources we have invested in the OL, they sure didn't perform as well as expected. They were a pretty big disappointment for me, mainly the interior run blocking. I get there was a ton of shuffling with Richie/Jackson/Brown/Miller hurt at different times but there is simply too much money invested in that group imo.

Haven’t had a chance to look at the free agent oline men. Can’t forget we are a free agent destination city. Vegas is exciting place to live, and the state has a good income tax rate. It’s up there with Florida....maybe we can cut costs and still add two solid Olineman free agency. 

wonder if MM can pull off

- resigned Nellie, Hankins, Booker 

- 2 starting OL (g,rt)

- 2 starting DL (edge, ut)

- FS 

- maybe a lower end starting LB and CB too 🤔 

gruden does love vets.... 

Edited by Humble_Beast

Doing a deep dive of the all 22. Guys were just absolutely plastered on most of these 3rd downs/RZ plays. Gruden is just hot trash rn.

Where are the bunch formations? You can give guys free releases and create misdirection instead of this same vanilla garbage over and over.

The OL also just hasn't been up to it all year. A lot of poor blocking leading to rushed progressions, which will only hurt a hobbled qb.

The combo of bad blocking, Jason Witten instead of Moreau, bad play calling, and a hobbled immobile qb (mariota in some packages could have really helped) were just too much to overcome.

Does Gruden have something against bunch formation? Also he hasn't run a lot of out breaking fade routes with Waller in the RZ, even though safeties tend to play more toward the middle in those situations. That stands out as particularly egregious.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 4:57 PM, Nightmare said:

His overall ranking doesn't mean a thing. It's his ranking in FA that dictates his contract and 25 year old good LTs never hit the market. Some team will over pay for him.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

Ted Nguyen just write an article about Gruden's horrific 3&1+4&1 result this year.

Gruden needs to fix it, with that he most probably can make a big jump in RZ efficiency too IMO.

That could make our O a really good one in 2021.

Then all we need is an average D for the PO :)

56 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I find it hard to believe that every WR picked around Ruggs and Edwards had some success, that tells me something about Gruden.

They were both starting week 1 iirc then both got injured iirc. Nelly came in and took their lunch money and became Carr’s new best friend 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

They were both starting week 1 iirc then both got injured iirc. Nelly came in and took their lunch money and became Carr’s new best friend 

It's because Carr thinks Nelly is Crabtree. If Ruggs would've worn #15 he probably would have 1,500 yards and 15 TD this season.

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

I listened to a podcast and they discussed how in years past Andy Reid's offenses regularly hit a wall toward the end of the season. And the main reason was because he showed his entire playbook very early in the season so teams had film on everything he liked to do and were able to game plan more effectively against him as the year went on. Could that be something similar for Gruden?