Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rackcs

Week 10 Prospect Talk

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Even if it was, there's been plenty of people I've seen have Lance right up there if not above Fields prior to the season too. That seems, at this point, more crazy than Wilson jumping up there.

Ignore them then because they're either chasing attention or incapable of evaluating QBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ignore them then because they're either chasing attention or incapable of evaluating QBs.

I'm not sure why we think NFL teams who take guys like Blake Bortles, Mitch Trubisky, etc. top 5 or pay Tayson Hill $20M a year and view him as the QBoTF are capable of evaluating QB prospects either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I'm not sure why we think NFL teams who take guys like Blake Bortles, Mitch Trubisky, etc. top 5 or pay Tayson Hill $20M a year and view him as the QBoTF are capable of evaluating QB prospects either. 

Okay, well, that is a fair and valid point. XD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2020 at 11:43 AM, Blue said:

I'm going to stop you right there because that was an attention grab and everybody knew it. Anybody with eyes knows Lawrence is the best QB prospect of the past 15 years at least, and yes I'm including Andrew Luck in that.

There's plenty discussion rn that Fields could be right there with Lawrence as QB 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

There's plenty discussion rn that Fields could be right there with Lawrence as QB 1. 

Deservedly so, imo.

I'm taking Lawrence on pedigree/doing it for as long as he has if I had the choice... but it's close imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

There's plenty discussion rn that Fields could be right there with Lawrence as QB 1. 

There shouldn't be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone else sell me on Christian Barmore? I watched his cut up from the Ole Miss game this year and was not impressed at all, is he another Alabama hype guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yes, there should and will be 

lol, anyone who thinks Fields is on the same level as a prospect as Trevor Lawrence should have their draftnik card revoked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

lol, anyone who thinks Fields is on the same level as a prospect as Trevor Lawrence should have their draftnik card revoked.

Cool beans bro, the same can be said for someone doesn't think a player can't continue to ascend as a player and can reach that level 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Cool beans bro, the same can be said for someone doesn't think a player can't continue to ascend as a player and can reach that level 

Cool story bro, you shouldn't be talking about a player who's already at that level in the same breath as a guy who may or may not have the potential to be at that level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Cool story bro, you shouldn't be talking about a player who's already at that level in the same breath as a guy who may or may not have the potential to be at that level.

Charlie Day Ok GIF

make sure you keep that same energy for the national analyst who will be arguing this during combine/draft season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's possible to love both Lawrence and Fields as prospects. To be honest, I think that both have their strengths and flaws.

Lawrence: He has about everything you can want out of an NFL prospect, and is one of the best prospects to come out in my lifetime. He has ideal size at 6-6 and 220, arm strength, accuracy, is a plus athlete, a great pocket presence, poise and patience, and a very clean throwing motion. That said, I've seen him get a little locked onto his primary target from time to time and show reluctance to get to a second read, which behind his OL, he has the luxury of doing at the college level, but won't in the NFL. He did struggle in the first half against OSU until Shaun Wade was ejected, which eliminated an elite slot defender/push safety from the game. After that, he looked like he did throughout his career, but the tape in the first half leading up to that didn't lie. He was slow to process and identify coverages, and never found his rhythm.

Fields: Good size at 6'3 and 220-225, coming in at a leaner body type with a diet change this year. He's got elite accuracy (only 11 incompletions this year, several of which have come from drops), a very good arm, is an elite athlete, and as a whole takes great care of the football. This year thus far, he's done a better job of going through his progressions and navigating from within the pocket as opposed to dropping his eyes to run like he was more prone to do in 2019. He did throw a couple of costly INT last year against Clemson and wasn't as accurate in that game as you'd like to see, but he was also playing on an injured knee and couldn't step into as many throws.

The bottom line is, Fields doesn't have nearly as much experience or film on him, and he is still very much progressing/developing into that elite prospect, whereas Lawrence has been there for longer.

Both are absolutely elite prospects. Lawrence will go #1 overall, but someone is going to be absolutely pumped to get Fields at #2. 

I think that both are going to have fantastic careers in the NFL as long as the team they go to doesn't ruin them with awful OL play and/or coaching.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Charlie Day Ok GIF

make sure you keep that same energy for the national analyst who will be arguing this during combine/draft season

I will, I'm happy to criticize media figures who prop up trash like Blaine Gabbert and Daniel Jones as elite prospects.

Edited by Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blue said:

I will, I'm happy to criticize media figures who prop up trash like Blaine Gabbert and Daniel Jones as elite prospects.

...

Terrible comparison here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...