The Race to the Bottom

pwny

Our schedule is bleak (as far as winning) the rest of the way. We have Houston who is technically "beatable", as well as MN (better than record indicates), CLE (fairly competent team though) and IND (again, prob a fringe playoff team).

This team gets, at best, 4 wins. That should secure a top 5 pick at the very least. 

17 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Only 45% chance? Thought it’d be a little higher.

I mean we aren't even top 2 at the moment and with the NFCE SOS if we match any of their records they likely go ahead of us like what's happening with NYG.

The Jaguar fan in me expects the worst case for us. I just see this team miraculously winning a couple and sitting 4th.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I mean we aren't even top 2 at the moment and with the NFCE SOS if we match any of their records they likely go ahead of us like what's happening with NYG.

The Jaguar fan in me expects the worst case for us. I just see this team miraculously winning a couple and sitting 4th.

That’s true, I’ve been so caught up in chasing the Jets I forgot that we are in the thick of it with the abysmal NFC East.

Once we get past Houston with a loss, I will start to feel very confident that we will get a high pick. Only really concerned with Houston, Minnesota, and maaaybe Chicago moving forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chops013 said:

That’s true, I’ve been so caught up in chasing the Jets I forgot that we are in the thick of it with the abysmal NFC East.

Once we get past Houston with a loss, I will start to feel very confident that we will get a high pick. Only really concerned with Houston, Minnesota, and maaaybe Chicago moving forward.

Indy with Rivers gives me pause too. You never know when he's gonna show up and have 3-4 turnovers.

But yeah, this Sunday is big. Houston is playing some really bad football. Have a hard time seeing us beat Watson with Luton but...

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

Assuming you guys get fields, what do you think minshews trade value is?

He had a low profile when drafted, and while he's played well for his draft slot, I'm not sure anyone is going to spend much of anything on him expecting to be a long term starter. With his dirt cheap contract over the next couple years, I guess there's an argument that he's a guy who could be decently coveted as a backup, so I mean I guess maybe a 3rd, but realistically probably a 4th or 5th. And at that point, he's worth more to the team as a backup than as a trade asset.

Maybe if Luton shows backup qualities, the team moves Minshew, but I doubt it. A guy on that cheap of a contract who isn't going to garner a massive package back just doesn't make sense to move when the option otherwise is a rookie.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I’m not worried about us beating the Vikings at all. As long as Dalvin is healthy, he’s running for 175 and 3 TDs on us. 

Never was.

That team isn't good but it's not bottom of the league bad like their record indicates. Too much talent.