The Race to the Bottom

pwny

On 11/16/2020 at 8:42 PM, .Buzz said:

I'm legitimately worried about the Bears game. That offense/Foles is atrocious.

I know their D is great and all, but still.

As long as Foles plays, i'm not concerned.  He'll very much go ham and light up the Jaguars and look like a superstar, because that's just what happens.  And it sounds like the injury wasn't actually that bad, and he just kinda got literally butthurt.  So we should be loaded for bear, when it comes to losing that game.

But it would also be equally "Jaguars" to win the game against Foles, that screws them out of Lawrence.  So hrmmm...

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

As long as Foles plays, i'm not concerned.  He'll very much go ham and light up the Jaguars and look like a superstar, because that's just what happens.  And it sounds like the injury wasn't actually that bad, and he just kinda got literally butthurt.  So we should be loaded for bear, when it comes to losing that game.

But it would also be equally "Jaguars" to win the game against Foles, that screws them out of Lawrence.  So hrmmm...

Meh, I already know we're not getting Lawrence. I've accepted that. Whether it's the Jets not winning a game (I see this as likely) or us winning a game (or even two) when we throw Minshew back out there against one of the eh teams like CLE, CHI, or a random weird division game of stupid stuff happening w TEN/IND (obviously I think two isn't happening, but it's also the Jaguars who want us to be miserable the rest of our lives so who knows).

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Houston and Washington wins today...

I need it.

Looks like you got them. 

Though who knows if Dallas losing games is actually good. I could see Jerry Jones doing stupid crap with Dak and drafting a QB. 

Just now, pwny said:

Looks like you got them. 

Though who knows if Dallas losing games is actually good. I could see Jerry Jones doing stupid crap with Dak and drafting a QB. 

Yeah, it's certainly possible. I don't see it as likely (especially if it's not TLaw) but it could happen.

Washington on the other hand is pretty much a lock to be in the QB market.

Biggest concern for the standings going forward is Cincy. They’re not winning another game, and Jonah Williams is good enough that probably a trade package to get out of #2 would be more valuable to them than Sewell would be. 

• Like 1

Just now, pwny said:

Biggest concern for the standings going forward is Cincy. They’re not winning another game, and Jonah Williams is good enough that probably a trade package to get out of #2 would be more valuable to them than Sewell would be. 

Definitely the only concern I see left. The rest should figure itself out with a lot of division matchups within the NFC East/Herbert being too good to lose out imo, etc.

I still think if CIN somehow picked ahead of us they'd sprint to the podium for Sewell and figure out where they slot him and Jonah later. That OL got Burrow killed this year, and after that injury they'll probably try and overcompensate to make sure they have good protection for him. 

Luckily, only worry is if we win two of our last six. At this point I can't say I see it as likely.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That OL got Burrow killed this year, and after that injury they'll probably try and overcompensate to make sure they have good protection for him. 

This is 100% true. But reasonably if they’re picking 2, they could trade to 4, get a future first and current second. Then take Sewell at 4 if he’s still there because the first three off the board are QBs, or slot themselves a little later than 4 to take someone like Leatherwood who can play Guard, and then come back and nab someone like Trey Hill with the extra second they picked up. 

Gotta expect if a team that’s not in dire straits for a QB is in the top 2, there’s gonna be some incredible trade packages offered for whoever ends up QB2 on the boards. 

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

This is 100% true. But reasonably if they’re picking 2, they could trade to 4, get a future first and current second. Then take Sewell at 4 if he’s still there because the first three off the board are QBs, or slot themselves a little later than 4 to take someone like Leatherwood who can play Guard, and then come back and nab someone like Trey Hill with the extra second they picked up. 

Gotta expect if a team that’s not in dire straits for a QB is in the top 2, there’s gonna be some incredible trade packages offered for whoever ends up QB2 on the boards. 

Definitely.

The thing we have going for us though is there doesn't seem to be as many QB needy teams at the top. Jets will get Lawrence, but after that what teams even need one? Washington (who may be outside the top 8-10 with their schedule/division) for sure. Then there's Dallas and Atlanta who have guys but maybe could be in for a young guy to learn? 

Teams like Carolina, Detroit, New England, and SF could be interested but they'd have to fall down quite a ways for that and definitely wouldn't be able to still land Sewell.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, it's certainly possible. I don't see it as likely (especially if it's not TLaw) but it could happen.

Washington on the other hand is pretty much a lock to be in the QB market.

Eh.  Alex smith is likely staying and riveras boy is still there and who knows what they will do with Haskins.  2 years and a handful of games is not a great sample size to determine to move on from a round 1 guy. 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

And this jags team isnt winning another game baring some complete team effort game which i doubt cuz offense is 💩 defense is 🔥💩 and our special teams are on kicker #? And while cooke has been good our return game has been pretty average

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Eh.  Alex smith is likely staying and riveras boy is still there and who knows what they will do with Haskins.  2 years and a handful of games is not a great sample size to determine to move on from a round 1 guy. 

When a guy looks as lost as Haskins has and has had as many reported concerns about him being incapable of grasping the playbook, it’s usually time to pull the plug.

And this off-season is the out year on Smith’s contract, so I wouldn’t claim that he’s likely staying. 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

When a guy looks as lost as Haskins has and has had as many reported concerns about him being incapable of grasping the playbook, it’s usually time to pull the plug.

And this off-season is the out year on Smith’s contract, so I wouldn’t claim that he’s likely staying. 

Id say they would keep smith to be a bridge qb at the least.   Washington hadnt done any favors to their qbs with that wr corps and te position this year.  Outside of that dl its a pretty terrible roster

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Definitely.

The thing we have going for us though is there doesn't seem to be as many QB needy teams at the top. Jets will get Lawrence, but after that what teams even need one? Washington (who may be outside the top 8-10 with their schedule/division) for sure. Then there's Dallas and Atlanta who have guys but maybe could be in for a young guy to learn? 

Teams like Carolina, Detroit, New England, and SF could be interested but they'd have to fall down quite a ways for that and definitely wouldn't be able to still land Sewell.

Also true. But my concern I guess is that next wave of teams that need a QB are likely to be slotted where the #2, #3 and so on OL will be taken. It wouldn’t be unprecedented for the Bengals to take a package like what the Eagles gave to the Browns to move from 8 to 2 for Wentz. I’m very hopeful that won’t be the case, but if I’ve learned anything from the cursed franchise it’s that if something can go wrong, it will.