The Race to the Bottom

pwny

53 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

I don't think I've ever rooted for this team to lose before. I've watched horrible seasons, many of them in fact, in which losing would've only benefited us in the long run, but I really just wanted to see the team win because I liked many of the players and because winning made me feel good on Sundays......

......but that has now changed. We must lose. For my own sanity, I'd prefer if we lost decisively and early. This could be a franchise defining couple of games, and the drop off from the first overall pick to the second is far too large for my liking. I sincerely hope we have scored our last points of the season. I never thought the Jets would actually win. WE MUST LOSE.

This was my first year I've done it. Realized it was time to when I wasn't really even upset after losses starting after the Miami game. My usual anger/frustration just turned into apathy. 

Don't think it really had to do with losing but rather them continuing to trot out a regime that should've been fired ages ago. If Shad and co. was fine continuing to put out a **** product why should I care (not that I think he truly doesn't care, but...). Figured losing as many games would force a change. A ho-hum 5-7 win season just continues the nightmare.

Whether we get TLaw or not, I'm just happy we get to see something new this off-season/next year with hope. It's a low bar...but that's all I want. 

Last two weeks, games that matter:

Jags vs Bears
Bengals @ Texans
Jets vs Browns

Reasonably, we’re probably the only team of the three that’s likely to win a game next week, but a loss for us would push the Bengals out of the running for a top 2 pick.

Jags @ Colts 
Jets @ Patriots 
Bengals vs Ravens

These games are likely all going to go as losses for the three, but it’s possible we sneak out a win against the Colts, or Bill does us a solid by throwing a game to screw over the Jets. I think it’s fairly safe to assume that the Bengals have virtually no shot at either of their games, but that won’t matter as long as we lose at least one. 

5 hours ago, pwny said:

Last two weeks, games that matter:

Jags vs Bears
Bengals @ Texans
Jets vs Browns

Reasonably, we’re probably the only team of the three that’s likely to win a game next week, but a loss for us would push the Bengals out of the running for a top 2 pick.

Jags @ Colts 
Jets @ Patriots 
Bengals vs Ravens

These games are likely all going to go as losses for the three, but it’s possible we sneak out a win against the Colts, or Bill does us a solid by throwing a game to screw over the Jets. I think it’s fairly safe to assume that the Bengals have virtually no shot at either of their games, but that won’t matter as long as we lose at least one. 

I mean, if we're talking about the Bears being super beatable I think Pats are just as much if not more for the Jets. Not sure Bill would have to lay an egg to lose that with how bad their passing game is and how good the Jets run D is.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, if we're talking about the Bears being super beatable I think Pats are just as much if not more for the Jets. Not sure Bill would have to lay an egg to lose that with how bad their passing game is and how good the Jets run D is.

That’s certainly fair. I do think just in general BB is too good of a coach to let a mediocre team lose to a historically bad team, but stranger things have happened. I think the game has the possibility to be extremely close where a few plays decide the outcome. It’s a potentially winnable game, either way. The Texans are also beatable, though I think they’ll win by two scores.

Betting lines for this week:

Bears -7.5
Texans -9.0
Browns -9.5