Week 9 GDT: Ravens @ Colts or something idk

AFlaccoSeagulls

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I wouldn't be as upset about Bowser's usage if I didn't already see Judon trying to cover people in space or things that Bowser is clearly better at doing. As it stands, it seems like the coaching staff have pre-determined that Bowser is inferior to Judon/McPhee/Ferguson (for some forsaken reason!) and obviously Ngakoue.

Honestly, I hope he goes and flourishes elsewhere. It's clear the coaching staff here doesn't want him, and would rather continue to try to hype up Judon's incoming massive contract with another team. That leaves us next year with basically nothing on the edge except Ngakoue. I have no idea why the coaching staff continues to believe Jaylon Ferguson is some stud OLB.

I think Ferguson has deserved his PT so I can’t complain there, he just didn’t have a great game. But Judon absolutely needs to be seeing snap counts closer to 45%. Heck Ferguson only had like 20% of snaps in this game. He seems to be the backup for McPhee? Judon needs to see less 1st and 2nd downs. He’s great on overloads and stunts, but ineffective in actually covering or operating in space, Bowser is far better. Judon also isn’t better setting an edge either. In a fair world, Bowser is getting more 1st and 2nd down snaps and then we’re running exotic formations to get all of these guys in there to rush the passer on 3rd down, especially with Campbell out.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 1:22 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I wouldn't be as upset about Bowser's usage if I didn't already see Judon trying to cover people in space or things that Bowser is clearly better at doing. As it stands, it seems like the coaching staff have pre-determined that Bowser is inferior to Judon/McPhee/Ferguson (for some forsaken reason!) and obviously Ngakoue.

Honestly, I hope he goes and flourishes elsewhere. It's clear the coaching staff here doesn't want him, and would rather continue to try to hype up Judon's incoming massive contract with another team. That leaves us next year with basically nothing on the edge except Ngakoue. I have no idea why the coaching staff continues to believe Jaylon Ferguson is some stud OLB.

Because he is.

It's not "pre-determining" anything. They've seen him play for four years. They've seen what he is as a player - that's not "pre" anything. 

I've been saying it for years - Bowser's play on the field doesn't nearly match everyone on this board's opinion of him. It's bizarre. For every play he "flashes" there are 30 others he gets absolutely stone-walled on a pass rush or loses the edge/contain in the run game. His best attribute is covering the flats in a pass drop. There are a lot of guys out there that can do that.

He's going to sign a 2 year $17mil deal elsewhere this offseason, he'll continue to get ~3 sacks and no INTs/FFs/FRs per year, and you'll never hear of him again.

And people here will still be talking about how great he was lol.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 9:58 PM, Rein said:

According to gamepass, the play was at 14:37 in the 4th quarter. 

Lamar scambles left, but the review showed the free safety blanketing the slot receives on the inbreaking route, thus leaving the deep middle vacated for Hollywood to run into.

Quick play breakdown. Colts rush 4, Skura/Bozeman double team 1 rusher, pocket is collapsing after 2 seconds of play, no one is open at this point, but the safety has indeed committed to the inbreaking route. Hollywood is covered and has not yet made his cut.

Lamar begins the scramble to the left and has committed to the run once Brown separates and begin to run towards the post.

Had the blocking held up a little longer from Mekari who get pushed back and compromises the pocket/if Lamar hold the ball 1 second more, the deep play might have been there, but I can't fault him for taking off there.