Week 9 GDT: Ravens @ Colts or something idk

AFlaccoSeagulls

So we won when trailing at the half for the first time in... years... The fact that this isn't going to be a dominant team is going to give them a lot more of these situations, and I don't mind it. Because everything that happens with the offense gets pinned to Lamar, everyone has to give him credit for that second half turn around. In all the negatives from that Pittsburgh game, Lamar did not turtle after killer interceptions at the start of both halves. This was better.

6 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

So we won when trailing at the half for the first time in... years... The fact that this isn't going to be a dominant team is going to give them a lot more of these situations, and I don't mind it. Because everything that happens with the offense gets pinned to Lamar, everyone has to give him credit for that second half turn around. In all the negatives from that Pittsburgh game, Lamar did not turtle after killer interceptions at the start of both halves. This was better.

The media spin is already in order. Lamar apparently used his legs to turn things around... and not his arm. You’ve got to love it. Just because he didn’t have a passing TD they’re allowed to say such nonsense and let it dribble from their mouth.

Oh and by the way, since this team forum thread every week seems to every single week devolve into the worst debate of all time: do you pay a QB... the answer is always YES. A QB is incredibly valuable. Cap space is incredibly NOT valuable. 

Our top $20M per year defender and our top $20M per year O-lineman were out this game and they don't make the impact of COMBINED of having replacing a replacement level QB with a competent QB. Yes, Lamar is going to get a monster contract. Staph the imaginary wallet clutching! Especially while a game is going on. It'll resolve itself in the offseason.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Oh and by the way, since this team forum thread every week seems to every single week devolve into the worst debate of all time: do you pay a QB... the answer is always YES. A QB is incredibly valuable. Cap space is incredibly NOT valuable. 

Our top $20M per year defender and our top $20M per year O-lineman were out this game and they don't make the impact of COMBINED of having replacing a replacement level QB with a competent QB. Yes, Lamar is going to get a monster contract. Staph the imaginary wallet clutching! Especially while a game is going on. It'll resolve itself in the offseason.

Who has suggested we should not extend/pay Lamar?

11 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

*raises hand*. Tbf ive said to not do it early. 

My opinion is, that even with what we have in Lamar now, that is enough to win a super bowl. Every team that has a QB you can win with takes a big big risk if they move away from that QB, even though it is not the perfect QB who is streaky/has his flaws. 

There are almost none of the best QB's who have won more than 1 super bowl in their prime - not named Brady, and that situation in New England has been a perfect storm.

The prime Manning, Rodgers, Brees has as many/less super bowl wins as the Eli Manning and Joe Flacco group, the backup in Nick Foles, Peyton Manning with a bum arm, and Big Ben and Russell Wilson early in their careers with great rosters and defenses.

I don't even know if there is any point in waiting to give Lamar a new contract. It will be either a record setting contract or close to it, that is just how it is these days.

33 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

*raises hand*. Tbf ive said to not do it early. 

I appreciate stuff like this. Whether it is a bad take or not (I’ll leave that up for the future to decide, though I don’t agree with toying with him like Dak). But I appreciate you stepping up and defending your stance. I don’t mind bad takes, I just hate when people try and act as though there’s a misunderstanding or something with their take. Own it and move on, we all make bad takes. So yeah, respect.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

It’s funny, I guess because Lamar didn’t turn the ball over 4x this game, a certain fan decided not to make an appearance. Must be back in another country. Perhaps he’s in space? Perhaps he’s an astronaut and only get the chance to come Earthside very rarely. 😂

Given the common thread with Ravens' fans who actively root against Lamar succeeding, he had a disappointing week for another reason...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M.10.E said:

I have no problem paying him if he continues to play well. I just don’t see the need to do it after this year unless he flips the switch again. Let him do it another year next year and then pay the man. No rush. 

Meh. Get the extension in as soon as possible. I believe he’s shown enough as a 23 year old QB that when we actually allow him to pass it with a quick uptempo attack he can make plays. I remember last season where he had like two touchdowns in 2 minutes.

He’s been off on passes at points this season, for sure. He makes the occasional bad decision as well. He’s not the best passer in inclement weather either. We know these things.

However he’s going to get paid. This team is 25-5 with him as the starter and haven’t scored less than 20 points in 30 games, a streak that started as soon as he took over the offense. THAT is more than enough IMO to pay him. So considering that and considering his 5th year option is going to pay him $30m anyway, we might as well just extend him early and spread out as much of that across as many years as we can to still field a competent squad. If the cap isn’t too impacted next season, we have the room to dump some salary upfront to protect our salary in the later years where his pay will make things more challenging to fielding a great unit.