What to do with Allen Robinson?

WindyCity

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Why won’t we have a shot at the top 4?

Pace is going to land on of the top 4 QBs, even if he has to bankrupt the entire franchise to do it. Because it is best for Pace’s job security.

It takes two to tango... who do you forsee being interested in dealing with us to move up? And how exorbitant do you think the cost will be? At least this year's first and next year's first. Puke.

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Why won’t we have a shot at the top 4?

Pace is going to land on of the top 4 QBs, even if he has to bankrupt the entire franchise to do it. Because it is best for Pace’s job security.

I think you're right, if he's here-which seems likely-, he's going to have to make a big swing to get one more chance to prove this all can work.  I think without big OL help it'll be the destruction of another Bears QB. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

It takes two to tango... who do you forsee being interested in dealing with us to move up? And how exorbitant do you think the cost will be? At least this year's first and next year's first. Puke.

Dallas, NY Giants, LAC, Miami, Cincy

It will cost the world to move up from 15 to 5-8 range. But why would Pace care? He is literally at the point where he either hits on the QB or he is fired.

He can build the OL and start Foles, but the offense is not going to take a big step and he could still lose his job.

If he drafts a big time QB he likely gets 21 and 22 to see if the QB hit or not.

If he hits he is set.

If he misses, he was going to be fired anyway starting Foles.

20 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I think you're right, if he's here-which seems likely-, he's going to have to make a big swing to get one more chance to prove this all can work.  I think without big OL help it'll be the destruction of another Bears QB. 

I don't think he really has a choice with the team's salary cap situation and so much money invested in the defense.

A rookie QB, if he hits, essentially gives you at least 3-4 more years before you need to address his contract situation which frees up a lot more money elsewhere for places like the OL, WR, etc.

27 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Dallas, NY Giants, LAC, Miami, Cincy

It will cost the world to move up from 15 to 5-8 range. But why would Pace care? He is literally at the point where he either hits on the QB or he is fired.

Jerry Jones has already said that Cowboys won't be taking a QB in the 1st round because Dak will be back as their QB next year.

There's one team Bears could potentially trade up with that should be picking top-10.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/bears-reportedly-cut-off-allen-robinson-extension-talks/

If the difference between keeping Robinson is 2 mil a year, that's a no-brainer to keep him (though I dislike paying WR). He's 27 and is still putting up good stats... Can easily be here for 5 more years and maybe even get one more contract after that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/bears-reportedly-cut-off-allen-robinson-extension-talks/

If the difference between keeping Robinson is 2 mil a year, that's a no-brainer to keep him (though I dislike paying WR). He's 27 and is still putting up good stats... Can easily be here for 5 more years and maybe even get one more contract after that.

We don't have the money and have 30 free agents to think about. Salary cap drops next season and we are F'd.

It's not as if we are flush with cash and being cheap...

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We can afford to keep Robinson. It is going to hurt the cap, but won’t kill us completely.

The fact he doesn’t appear to want to be here is a large hurdle as well.

Yup they can find ways.  Cutting Jimmy G will save $7M against the cap next year itself, which I expect to happen.

Cutting Leno and Massie will save another $6.2M & $6.7M respectively.

Another $2.8M can be save by cutting Buster SKrine.

Then whoever is GM, I am assuming Pace, will have to get creative by extending a few other guys and back loading contracts to future years. 

Guys that could potentially be extended that would help the 2021 cap situation are James Daniels, Bilal Nichols, Akiem Hicks and Kyle Fuller.

I think it's either one or the other when it comes to Bears deciding who two keep at WR between ARob and Anthony Miller.

I've been critical of Miller in the past but he seems to be playing better and more focused lately.  Good to see.

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Yup they can find ways.  Cutting Jimmy G will save $7M against the cap next year itself, which I expect to happen.

Cutting Leno and Massie will save another $6.2M & $6.7M respectively.

Another $2.8M can be save by cutting Buster SKrine.

Then whoever is GM, I am assuming Pace, will have to get creative by extending a few other guys and back loading contracts to future years. 

Guys that could potentially be extended that would help the 2021 cap situation are James Daniels, Bilal Nichols, Akiem Hicks and Kyle Fuller.

I think it's either one or the other when it comes to Bears deciding who two keep at WR between ARob and Anthony Miller.

I've been critical of Miller in the past but he seems to be playing better and more focused lately.  Good to see.

Extending James Daniels can help the 2021 cap? Isn't this only his third season?