Official 2020 NBA Draft Day Thread (2nd round; spoilers aight)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Trading away Brown is why this is more of a head scratcher.  But it does make us worse now with upside which I like.  I’d rather be bad this year with growth from Sokou and Hayes and then plan to be decent the year after. 

Yeah, I mean, it needed to be done.  I'm higher on Hayes than a lot of people are; I think he's got a shot at ROTY.  Hoping you guys finally utilize Christian Wood properly too, as I just never felt like SVG did so.

Also, I'm not really sure with Kennard's knees you could have gotten a future 1st for him.  I'm happy the Clippers are taking the shot on his knees not being cooked, but I'll admit I'm still concerned about that.

Just now, The LBC said:

I'd like the Nnaji pick for Denver if he protected the rim better (like... at all?) for a guy with his measurables and athleticism.  I mean, he's probably a 12-15 min/night guy, if they don't bring him through the G-League to start anyway.

gotta imagine he's already grant insurance

5 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Yeah, I mean, it needed to be done.  I'm higher on Hayes than a lot of people are; I think he's got a shot at ROTY.  Hoping you guys finally utilize Christian Wood properly too, as I just never felt like SVG did so.

Also, I'm not really sure with Kennard's knees you could have gotten a future 1st for him.  I'm happy the Clippers are taking the shot on his knees not being cooked, but I'll admit I'm still concerned about that.

We have to keep Wood to do that.  Not sure he wants to stick around.  I figured Rose and Kennard would bet us some kind of distant future 1st but whatever.  I’m all for upside at this point for the Pistons and Kennard was about maxed out.  Still mad he isn’t Donavan Mitchell.