The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I loathe the black. First the Pistons with teal and now the Lions with black. Stop trying to recreate the worst periods of your franchise. 

Well it was Dan Campbell idea so you hating the coach for this choice?

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

Well it was Dan Campbell idea so you hating the coach for this choice?

I don’t believe Rod Woods story. I think he was making a joke and the media ran with it. These uniforms have been in the works for over a year to be released with the draft being held in Detroit. Had nothing to do with “winning the division”. But if it was Campbell suggestion, yes I still hate it. 

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I don’t believe Rod Woods story. I think he was making a joke and the media ran with it. These uniforms have been in the works for over a year to be released with the draft being held in Detroit. Had nothing to do with “winning the division”. But if it was Campbell suggestion, yes I still hate it. 

More of a joke than anything 

• Like 1

Just got back from a cruise and getting caught up.  

Sucks the Wings missed the playoffs. At this point in the rebuild it shouldn't be that close and need to seriously consider making changes.  Need to have some of the youth turn into studs.  Raymond took a step forward this year but hope to get more from him. Seider is a solid defenseman but hasn't matched his rookie year since and need to find some more youth on the back end.  Hopefully Edvinsson can be that soon but he is still really young.  And then obviously we need an upgrade at goalie.  We were 9th in the league in goals for but gave up more than we scored.  Will be interesting to see if we bring up Cossa next year.  Would be nice to have a solid young G to depend on for a while.  

Tigers have settled into their nice pitching but the bats are quiet but at least we are still over .500.  Tork again starting super slow, Baez swinging at everything, Colt Keith starting slow hitting under .200 but at least he has taken a few walks lately, Parker meadows under .100 after 50 at bats, Jake Rogers also under .100.  Really need to find a catcher who can hit.  Greene has come on and even though his avg is a little low his OBP is nearly .400.  If he can get his avg up he will be turning into the star they thought he could be when he was drafted.  Urshela has been solid but I see he is going on the IL which is rough.  Maeda has been a dud so far but Flaherty seems to have rebounded decently so far. Skubal and Mize looking solid as is Olson and Foley has been great as the closer.  

Pistons, lol

I do like the new uniforms for the Lions especially the blue which looks a lot like the 90s.  I don't love the Detroit on front of the whites. I don't remember NFL teams having writing on the front of their jersey's other than when we had Lions very small in the middle.  But overall I think the colors and design looks nice.  The Blacks are great IMO and give us something different.  Who cares if they started in the Millen era, they look good and add some variety.  The one bad thing is the picture of Kerby hugging Calvin in the all blacks, the pants are see through like the new baseball pants.   

17 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Dusty May doing work for Michigan. Getting Pippen's son as well as couple good gets in the portal.

If he can get the Duke transfer I will be ecstatic as what he's done to replenish talent on this roster 

Going onto OSU roster now and snagging talent. Great additions 

• 3 weeks later...

The Tigers are so disappointing.  Tork has been a huge embarrassment this year being the only Tigers 1B ever to not have a HR by the end of April and he still is without one.  Colt Keith got the big contract before getting called up and has been a huge dud. Parker Meadows finally gets sent down because he is hitting under .100 and has been all year.  Urshela was a solid signing but then got hurt  and we have got zero production from 3B again.  Javy has been brutal but that was expected. We have some of the best pitching since the JV, Max, Sanchez, and Price days but even if they only give up a run or two, we can't get enough to win.  Our bull pen has been solid, the starters have been great and we just can't support them other than Riley Greene who looks like a star.  

I have faith that Tork and Keith will get normalized to some extent but may be too late.  Not sure I trust Meadows to ever figure it out since last year was really his only productive year in our system.  Jace Jung and Justin Henry-Malloy are hitting well in the minors but aren't ready defensively supposedly but who cares at this point.  We have a ton of pitchers looking good in the minors so why not move Montero, Flores, SGL, or Manning for some prospects who can hit?  Go get Norby or Mayo from Baltimore who have no room for them but could use some young pitchers.  Or go get someone from Toronto since they look to be starting their re-boot.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The Tigers are so disappointing.  Tork has been a huge embarrassment this year being the only Tigers 1B ever to not have a HR by the end of April and he still is without one.  Colt Keith got the big contract before getting called up and has been a huge dud. Parker Meadows finally gets sent down because he is hitting under .100 and has been all year.  Urshela was a solid signing but then got hurt  and we have got zero production from 3B again.  Javy has been brutal but that was expected. We have some of the best pitching since the JV, Max, Sanchez, and Price days but even if they only give up a run or two, we can't get enough to win.  Our bull pen has been solid, the starters have been great and we just can't support them other than Riley Greene who looks like a star.  

I have faith that Tork and Keith will get normalized to some extent but may be too late.  Not sure I trust Meadows to ever figure it out since last year was really his only productive year in our system.  Jace Jung and Justin Henry-Malloy are hitting well in the minors but aren't ready defensively supposedly but who cares at this point.  We have a ton of pitchers looking good in the minors so why not move Montero, Flores, SGL, or Manning for some prospects who can hit?  Go get Norby or Mayo from Baltimore who have no room for them but could use some young pitchers.  Or go get someone from Toronto since they look to be starting their re-boot.  

Yea they are struggling a bit 

On 5/7/2024 at 4:10 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

Tork has never come close to living up to the hype.