Packers at Dallas: LP's and DF's

HDsportsfan

51 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Well just read that Jerry is going to "bench anyone who disrespects the flag" during the national anthem.

2 Cowboys raised their fist during the anthem, one was D Irving, the other was Moore. Should be interesting to see if or what comes from this.

Jerry will have my undying respect if he does this. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Jerry will have my undying respect if he does this. 

He'd definitely lose a little from me. Already has for even suggesting it.

Edit: Not looking for a political conversation. Just stating my view on that.

17 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

That is.....wow. That's not good. 

We're also the only team since 2011 with a better road record than home record.

I don't think this is going to be Garrett's final season here, and frankly I don't think next year is either- same goes for Linehan. I think they get to play out the first four years of the Dak-Zeke duo; at least the first three, since they're the men most responsible for that tandem's presence in Dallas. I have it on pretty good authority that Linehan "banged the table" for Dak at the behest of the personnel department, so any time anyone calls for SL's head, please keep that in mind.

Anyway, if we do see the Garrett era come to an end some time in the next couple years without a championship, I think you have to look at the constant letdowns at Jerryworld in big spots as indisputable evidence that whatever he was preaching just didn't pay off in on-field results.

21 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

We're also the only team since 2011 with a better road record than home record.

I don't think this is going to be Garrett's final season here, and frankly I don't think next year is either- same goes for Linehan. I think they get to play out the first four years of the Dak-Zeke duo; at least the first three, since they're the men most responsible for that tandem's presence in Dallas. I have it on pretty good authority that Linehan "banged the table" for Dak at the behest of the personnel department, so any time anyone calls for SL's head, please keep that in mind.

Anyway, if we do see the Garrett era come to an end some time in the next couple years without a championship, I think you have to look at the constant letdowns at Jerryworld in big spots as indisputable evidence that whatever he was preaching just didn't pay off in on-field results.

I'm not that surprised by the home record. There simply isn't a home field advantage. Don't think there was ever meant to be as it's a concert/entertainment venue first and the football stuff, at least for the Cowboys was secondary. 

I agree completely in regards to Garrett/Linehan part. They can be criticized, but generally speaking they have done their jobs well. And, yes Linehan was the one who made Dak to Dallas a reality.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Fair enough. 

I don't get the big deal. ESPN is all over it right now. He said anyone "disrespecting" the flag. He himself knelt for the anthem, locked arms with the players. And ESPN is like "what will he do if someone kneels!?" Clearly he doesn't see it as disrespect. David Irving raised his fist. So the duck what? He didn't burn a flag or stomp on it. That might get him benched.  Forget that his Dad is a master Sargent in the Marines and his brothers are marines. Talking heads on some of these channels smh...

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I don't get the big deal. ESPN is all over it right now. He said anyone "disrespecting" the flag. He himself knelt for the anthem, locked arms with the players. And ESPN is like "what will he do if someone kneels!?" Clearly he doesn't see it as disrespect. David Irving raised his fist. So the duck what? He didn't burn a flag or stomp on it. That might get him benched.  Forget that his Dad is a master Sargent in the Marines and his brothers are marines. Talking heads on some of these channels smh...

Knelt before the anthem. I guess he sees it different when the Anthem is being sang. Which I agree with some what. And so what if his dad is a Sergeant in the Marines, that does not make someone Patriotic. Im in full defense if someone does what Kaep did. How I see it is if someone insult your family to their face, on National Television you wouldn't be saying "Oh well their just displaying their 1st Amendment rights", you would defend them. You would say something, do something, let your displeasure be known in a very vocal way.

Thats how I see it when someone does that. So I enjoy what Jerry said although im skeptical. 

I think cutting the flag up into the Giant shape of America without Alaska is bigger disrespect. I don't see how raising a fist is disrespect either. I raised my fist when Dak ran in that read option to take the lead. It's a symbol of power and pride. I'm a country boy Texan, I can't see any of my neighbors houses, I like drinking beer, and my Mossburg is right behind me. Still, the only thing that disrespects the flag to me is burning it or walking on it or pooping on it or a many number of things that are ACTUALLY disrespectful. "Kneeling" is something people do before kings. They still have hand over heart. A raised fist is power. Saying it's disrespectful to a flag or an army is a total reach.  And Irving coming from a military family proves that it has nothing to do with it. Military sounds like it's his family business. Like maybe if he didn't have a really good chance of making his family millionaires in the NFL he might be one of the people everyone is trying to defend.

4 hours ago, Runaway Jim said:

I was at the game and I was paying special attention to L.P. The Great

He is just so smooth.  It was a sight to behold.

He was my primary focus in pre-game warmups the last time I went to the game. Watching him make perfect snap after perfect snap is truly an experience like no other.

Archived