Week 12 GDT: Ravens (6-4) vs Steelers (10-0) Pt. Dos - Prove We Don't Suck

RavensTillIDie

8 hours ago, berlin calling said:

Andrews is a tough MFer but he has Diabetes so we'll see how he will cope with that virus.

This is the misconception. Well managed Diabetes will be a non factor the majority of the time. He's an athlete and type 1 is different than type 2 in a few ways. I don't see Andrews havinguch of an issue recovering. 

For what it's worth and clearly only one personal experience. An out of shape friend with type 2 diabetes tested positive. He was coughing a lot but still able to everything he did before while quarantined. 

I wish Andrews and everyone else well though. I'd say the extreme majority of athletes will kick covid fairly quick. 

• Like 1

Hadn’t seen this until just now. Interesting.

As the NFL continues to monitor the Ravens-Steelers situation to determine whether to proceed with Tuesday night’s game, a new fear has emerged: Ravens players may refuse to play, if the game isn’t moved again. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, there are concerns of a potential wildcat strike by the Ravens.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/30/fears-emerge-of-potential-wildcat-strike-on-tuesday-night/

I’ll support the team and its definitely competitively smart. Getting the game moved back as far as possible allows more players to return to at least compete in the game. Wednesday at least gives us our stable of RBs that we can utilize.

That said, if true, while strategic for sure, it is kind of weak sauce. Though.. I cant hate, I mean if there’s little chance of victory, why not just forfeit. What would be the point of doing like the Broncos... while risking injury and still potentially risking covid exposure. Seems like the Ravens somehow were able to flex their muscles. Wonder if this might make the NFL come down even harder on the organization considering the lack of cooperation here.

Edited by diamondbull424

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

@diamondbull424 That article was posted before the game was moved to Wednesday I think.

Yeah. But I just assumed the game was moved back because of covid concerns, but this article seems to speculate that it was instead pushed back due to Ravens players threatening to strike. Which is why I was posting it. I knew the game had already been moved, but why it was moved, I had simply assumed.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If we win this game...this forum might actually dissolve with all the steelers fans' tears.

Well at least they would have an excuse for not going undefeated.

At this point I’m just hoping for a competitive game. The team showing plenty of heart in this game and the coaches coming through with a great game plan on both sides of the ball might actually inspire confidence in me that IF we make the playoffs we could actually make legit noise. If we get blown out, I think that will just tell me that this coaching staff doesn’t have an ability to weather challenges/adversity and are the true problem with this team... and in the event where that’s the case, I’d rather we just miss the playoffs because we’ll need as much help as we can get... especially once we’re docked a potential day 2 pick. And if they’re truly frauds, then it would provide them at least a little bit less job security moving forward.