Week 12 GDT: Ravens (6-4) vs Steelers (10-0) Pt. Dos - Prove We Don't Suck

RavensTillIDie

19 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I think at this point it might be a necessity. I’m sure we’ll still run, but we’re starting to run out of big bodies to even use as extra OL. 😂

This is definitely setting up for a 3 WR set out of necessity kind of thing. Hopefully RG3 can just manage the game and our defense can force some turnovers. I mean, there’s definitely a path to still winning, but it’ll take a Herculean effort to accomplish the feat and it’s probably only a result that happens at best 2/10 times.

What we should do: Involve the WR's more

What Greg Roman will do: Just play more OL at TE/RB

So I didn’t realize just how many people we had on the covid list. Only including players we’ve now surpassed the Titans for most players to come down with the virus. Here’s the list of everyone that is on the covid list:

1. Iman Marshall, 11/12
2. Trace McSorely, 11/20
3. JK Dobbins, 11/23
4. Mark Ingram, 11/23
5. Brandon Williams, 11/23
6. Pernell McPhee, 11/24
7 .Matt Skura, 11/25
8. Patrick Mekari, 11/25
9. Calais Campbell, 11/25
10. Jihad Ward, 11/26
11. Lamar Jackson, 11/27
12. Morgan Cox, 11/27
13. Patrick Ricard, 11/27
14. Justin Madubuike, 11/27
15. Will Holden, 11/28
16. Jaylon Ferguson, 11/29
17. D.J. Fluker, 11/29
18. Broderick Washington, 11/29
19. Will Holden, 11/29
20. Khalil Dorsey, 11/29
21. Tavon Young, 11/29

Titans “only” had 13 players test positive, with another 11 on the staff that tested positive. So they had 24 total. Good thing we already traded away our 3rd round pick or the league might’ve considered having us forfeit that pick. Hopefully now they’ll just choose to settle on our 4th round pick instead. Hopefully all these players will be good. I’m especially worried about the big guys. Have to think their bigger frames are already under more stress, this could definitely be a huge deal for those guys.

I get more and more upset with Saunders everyday. His actions have grossly messed with the careers of multiple players. Everyone knew the risks, but this man deserves to be blackballed by the league if his actions were really as negligent as it sounds like and he's not just the fall guy.

EDIT: Added the additional names on the covid list and scratched out the names of players that were already hurt and had no shot of playing anyway. To get an accurate count of how many active contributors will be lost to covid in this game. I’ll try and update this as well when hopefully guys end up off the list.

Edited by diamondbull424
Added names from Saturday

Just came to say Happy belated Thanksgiving to the Footballs Future family. Thankful for this forum and you guys. Really mean that. It's hard to find level-headed Raven fans out in the wild.

But onto football notes...

Are the football gods punishing us for allowing Greg Roman to keep his job? Is this why RG3 is starting and that all these players have covid? This has to be a test! Gotta be!

• Like 1

Steelers are expected to see additional positive tests today. 

They should forfeit 

They aren't responsible 

Why do we have to suffer because of their negligence? 

Am I missing anymore of the crying the Steelers fans did on twitter? 

This is 2020. It's what it is now. Hopefully our fan base can react a little maturely then theirs did.. 

29 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Steelers are expected to see additional positive tests today. 

They should forfeit 

They aren't responsible 

Why do we have to suffer because of their negligence? 

Am I missing anymore of the crying the Steelers fans did on twitter? 

This is 2020. It's what it is now. Hopefully our fan base can react a little maturely then theirs did.. 

Just imagine. If we had played the game there’s a chance that they’re having a covid outbreak as well. I mean the team feels as though Lamar and some of the other players were exposed during the game. The Steelers could’ve been without a host of defensive players or more, if they had played us... only the excuse would’ve been that the Ravens players spread it during the game in that circumstance, I’m sure.

So either way, its a good thing the game didn’t get played.

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Just imagine. If we had played the game there’s a chance that they’re having a covid outbreak as well. I mean the team feels as though Lamar and some of the other players were exposed during the game. The Steelers could’ve been without a host of defensive players or more, if they had played us... only the excuse would’ve been that the Ravens players spread it during the game in that circumstance, I’m sure.

So either way, its a good thing the game didn’t get played.

The NFL did the absolute right thing and this proves it. I hope all who were infected recover with zero issues. I do worry about what the penalty will be. Hopefully just a fine and no draft picks but we've screwed up two NFL prime time games. The hammer is coming. 

LT- Brown Jr
LG- Bozeman
C- T C-Castillo
RG- Ben Powers
RT- Tyre Phillips
6th- Ben Bredeson
7th- Jake Rodgers

We literally don’t have any other lineman after that. Will have to hope the guys hold up. If it turns out that Phillips can’t go in this game, we’ll be relying on a RT to start who just got here and hasn’t practiced with the Ravens since 2018 as a PS member. Then we would only have Bredeson as a backup for every spot along the line, if Phillips can’t go that is.

Could you imagine the meltdown in Pittsburgh if this is the unit that upsets Pittsburgh?

That said, If we have anymore positives, we should think about treating this game like a preseason game. Get young guys more experience on the field, experiment with different lineups, etc. Don’t show too much in the form of plays... just try and get our most important players out there healthy, like Orlando Brown Jr and Mark Andrews on offense. Would prefer to not keep our corners out there, but there’s not much hope there. Could at least look to limit Jimmy’s snaps, same with the other guys as much as we can get away with.

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

LT- Brown Jr
LG- Bozeman
C- T C-Castillo
RG- Ben Powers
RT- Tyre Phillips
6th- Ben Bredeson
7th- Jake Rodgers

We literally don’t have any other lineman after that. Will have to hope the guys hold up. If it turns out that Phillips can’t go in this game, we’ll be relying on a RT to start who just got here and hasn’t practiced with the Ravens since 2018 as a PS member. Then we would only have Bredeson as a backup for every spot along the line, if Phillips can’t go that is.

Could you imagine the meltdown in Pittsburgh if this is the unit that upsets Pittsburgh?

That said, If we have anymore positives, we should think about treating this game like a preseason game. Get young guys more experience on the field, experiment with different lineups, etc. Don’t show too much in the form of plays... just try and get our most important players out there healthy, like Orlando Brown Jr and Mark Andrews on offense. Would prefer to not keep our corners out there, but there’s not much hope there. Could at least look to limit Jimmy’s snaps, same with the other guys as much as we can get away with.

Hopefully Holden is the only one who tested positive from that list so Fluker is able to come back and play.

Edited by BareYourTeeth

5 hours ago, berlin calling said:

Andrews is a tough MFer but he has Diabetes so we'll see how he will cope with that virus.

He was one of the guys I most didn’t want to test positive for Covid-19. This is not good. Hopefully he will recover without long term side effects to his condition.

8 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Now there's this

So only nine of the 20 players have tested positive and the rest are close contact.

This is “good” news at least. Less guys testing positive lowers the chance of a player that suffers career impacting side effects.

Also for the organization that should lower the potential punishment they see as we know the NFL cares more about the outcome than just the breaking of a rule.

But yeah, obviously the bigger thing is just hoping for all these guys to make a quick and strong recovery.