2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, CWood21 said:

We were talking about Westbrook...

I don't need any sources to know that the Rockets are deciding between Mobley, Green, and Suggs for the 2nd pick.

I don't care about Westbrook or the Lakers my boy, my source is AD's twitter following.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I wasn't referring to the Westbrook trade. I was referring to 2 different writers in Houston that cover the team saying Suggs would be in consideration for them at #2...

You were literally the one who said that it was the Houston Chronicle that was the source of the Westbrook-to-LA rumors.  Not YardBarker.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I don't need any sources to know that the Rockets are deciding between Mobley, Green, and Suggs for the 2nd pick.

The CBS Sports guys also had Suggs to Houston over 2. And it'd be shocking to me personally, wouldn't consider Suggs over any of Cade, Green, or Mobley for even half a second 

Just now, NYRaider said:

The CBS Sports guys also had Suggs to Houston over 2. And it'd be shocking to me personally, wouldn't consider Suggs over any of Cade, Green, or Mobley for even half a second 

We're not even 48 hours post-lottery.  You're going to hear just about any of the four names linked to Houston at some point.

Just now, CWood21 said:

You were literally the one who said that it was the Houston Chronicle that was the source of the Westbrook-to-LA rumors.  Not YardBarker.

No I didn't. The Rockets fan said who's the source that said the Rockets could go Suggs at #2, you quoted it saying it was in my mind, I replied saying the Houston Chronicle is my mind?

Just now, NYRaider said:

No I didn't. The Rockets fan said who's the source that said the Rockets could go Suggs at #2, you quoted it saying it was in my mind, I replied saying the Houston Chronicle is my mind?

We're talking about your Westbrook rumor you keep bringing up.  Nothing to do with the #2 pick.

If the Pistons really do prefer Green to Cade taking him at #1 would be a big mistake. I think I pipe dream of them moving back to #4 is out of the question but trading back to #2 or maybe even #3 is in play to sell it to the fans see look we got the guy we always wanted plus all this other cool stuff. Like If this is a scenario on which the Rockets could have Detroit over a barrel but still give up a future pick and #2 for Cade seems reasonable for both sides. 

3 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

doubt it.  Pistons would just take Green at 1. If they trade back to say 3, that would be risky if the they like Green and the Rockets take him. 

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I would assume it's the "come wow us" stance.  If a team wants to offer the kitchen sink for the #1 pick, and the Pistons can still grab Green then it might behoove them to make that kind of Doncic/Young trade.

They wouldn't take that risk, they'd select Cunningham #1 under the notion that the Rockets select Green #2 and they swap them + other assets. Just like the Hawks selected Luka for Dallas at #3 and then the Mavericks took Young at #5.

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:
3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

In his mind.  He's still in the belief that Westbrook-to-the-Lakers has legs despite the only "source" that is out there is YardBarker.

The Houston Chronicle is Yard Baker now? Okay, wowzers. 

@NYRaider you mentioned Westbrook to the Lakers, and then said that it didn't come from YardBarker and it came from the Houston Chronicle.

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

If the Pistons really do prefer Green to Cade taking him at #1 would be a big mistake. I think I pipe dream of them moving back to #4 is out of the question but trading back to #2 or maybe even #3 is in play to sell it to the fans see look we got the guy we always wanted plus all this other cool stuff. Like If this is a scenario on which the Rockets could have Detroit over a barrel but still give up a future pick and #2 for Cade seems reasonable for both sides. 

If they move back that far there's no guarantee that Green will be on the board. They'd likely have to have a deal in place with Houston or Cleveland like we saw with the Luka/Trae swap.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

@NYRaider you mentioned Westbrook to the Lakers, and then said that it didn't come from YardBarker and it came from the Houston Chronicle.

I was referring to the Suggs to Rockets came from the Chronicle. Why you so hell bent on this Westbrook rumor my boy you sound nervous...

Suggs feels like a Raptor. I think and hope that's the way it goes. If things went according to my preferences (which don't matter and won't happen) it'd go:

Pistons-Cade

Rockets-Green

Magic-Mobley (5/8/maybe a prospect to move up to 3)

Raptors-Suggs

Cavs-Kuminga

That would be fun to see.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Suggs feels like a Raptor. I think and hope that's the way it goes. If things went according to my preferences (which don't matter and won't happen) it'd go:

Pistons-Cade

Rockets-Green

Magic-Mobley (5/8/maybe a prospect to move up to 3)

Raptors-Suggs

Cavs-Kuminga

That would be fun to see.

The Cavaliers seem to be the real wild card of the draft. Doubt Sexton is a Cav next season so I'm sure that will play a huge role in who they draft. Although I don't think a Garland-Suggs backcourt is a great fit either.