Malfatron

winner  

27 members have voted

1. 1. winner

• packers
    • bears
    • tie

19 minutes ago, FinSting said:

From 5-1 to 5-6, this Bears team is in shambles. WTF happened here.

Their 5-1 record was extremely misleading.

Beat the Lions by four points.

Beat the Giants by four points.

Beat the Falcons by four points.

Beat the Panthers by seven points.

And the only good team they've beaten was defeating the Bucs by one point.

They're not a terrible team. They're just not a good team, either.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Haven't been watching much but when I do, Dungy (Bless his heart), keeps trying to be positive about Trubs to a fault haha. "Oooh that was a solid 4 yard pass by Trubisky", "Trubisky is very elusive" he's gotta be pressed by the network or something? Right?

I suppose an announcer had to find something positive to say about the Bears last night...

12 hours ago, DannyB said:

Yyyyup. Anytime an athlete is a FA and takes tip-top dollar to go to what is CLEARLY a garbage situation, and then is pissed that they're in a garbage situation? Yeah sorry, no sympathy from me. Be happy with your millions and deal with it.

Maybe he thought with Foles and that D the Bears would have been better this year?

12 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Is the Heritage Trail new? I've been to Lambeau Field quite a few times but I don't remember that.

That Trail isn't new.  There were a few shots of pretty x-mas lights and I'm gonna guess they were taken at the botanical garden there in town.

11 hours ago, Starless said:

Nobody's trading for that guy.

I think the best-case scenario for him is to bounce around for a while as a backup, then have an unexpected late-career resurgence like Josh McCown or Damon Huard. 

He'll probably end up in Canada.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Over Mahomes and Watson, no less.

Guess this is Sam Bowie's revenge...

At some point like 80 years ago George Halas looked at the game of football and saw the "three yards and a cloud of dust" nature of the game, won by the team controlling the ball movement through the trenches. At that moment he made a deal with the devil that would grant the Chicago Bears nee Decatur Staleys a constant supply of great linebackers. In exchange, however, he sent away any hope of ever having a quality quarterback. Surely, this was a deal too good to be true! Who cares about the quarterback when you can find halfbacks and fullbacks to carry your offense!

And so, you really can't blame the front office for the Trubisky move. It was out of their hands. The franchise is fated mediocre quarterbacking forevermore.

3 hours ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing it. But they've got to stop giving the Bears Primetime games.

They're getting that NFCeast type treatment.

Unless they get a good QB this offseason I can't see the networks giving them primetime games in 2021.