Steeler game moved to Monday 12/7.

ARTMONK HOF

Working late yesterday and today meant not commentary, but it's interesting to read through the early comments on the GDT. You find prescient gems like this

On 12/7/2020 at 5:32 PM, Vladimir L said:

this game will come down to a fg or turn over

and some less than great moments like this (love you bunches :D !)

On 12/7/2020 at 5:33 PM, e16bball said:

That’s why Cam Sims probably won’t ever be more than he is. He just doesn’t threaten anyone. He’s too slow to beat them over the top and not sudden enough to beat them laterally. So they’re just going to sit on that stuff. 

On 12/7/2020 at 8:17 PM, turtle28 said:

Awful attempt to catch the ball by Cam Sims there, it never touched his hands.

One thing I noticed from Cam Sims in the game ... he seemed to have subpar hands.

However, he had elite level knees and elbows when it came to bringing in passes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woz said:

One thing I noticed from Cam Sims in the game ... he seemed to have subpar hands.

However, he had elite level knees and elbows when it came to bringing in passes.

Seems most of his catches will have to be of the spectacular kind because he's so closely covered all the time .

9 hours ago, Woz said:

Because they were the weakest 11-0 team in NFL history.

Based on what? Some kind of metric that doesn’t even matter? Peoples opinions? I mean seriously. That kind of commentary has never ever been talked about in NFL history, suggesting that any 11-0 is weaker than the others. There’s no way to prove or disprove that because the teams will never play, but given how great the Steelers D was before the injuries started hitting them and how efficient their passing game before the last few games they’d be right there with any other 11-0 team. You don’t go 11-0 as a fluke, it’s the NFL every game is a tough game. It’s just the dumbest opinion I’ve ever heard and it has no bases that can be proven.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Seems most of his catches will have to be of the spectacular kind because he's so closely covered all the time .

Honestly, Cam Sims has already exceeded my expectations on what he would ever be. As you may remember, I never bought the training camp and preseason hype so anything we get out of him beyond what he already is is gravy to me.

I mean I have no clue if Cam Sims will remain this consistent or our #2 starter next year but we he’s been solid. Over his last 4 games/the ones he’s started he’s averaged:

4 recs & 69 yards a game w/ a TD 

That’s what you’d want/need out of a #2 WR. Even if he just averages 3 recs a game next year if he’s the #2 WR that gets him around 50 recs & 4 TDs and I’m sure given his targets being downfield a lot and his ability to get yac he’d average 13 to 15 ypc. So, that’s 650 yards too. 

Edited by turtle28