GT: Jaguars vs Vikings - 5 more left...

.Buzz

Coming in against a Vikings team who has really turned their season around. They've had their issues though, so again, another one that I think could be close.

The key for them is having a hot start. If they allow us to stick around our running game likely keeps us in this. If they make us one dimensional and force us to pass with Glennon this is an ugly one most likely.

Minshew is better than Glennon. I can almost appreciate Doug's commitment to the tank even as a clear lame duck, but I do think it sucks for GM. Hope we trade him, honestly. Let Glennon be the backup to our rookie next year and let GM be a spot starter on a better team

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 1:46 PM, pwny said:

Minshew will be a solid piece to take the heat from the fan base for the first 3.5 weeks before they hand the franchise over to the rookie. 

Yeah.  Have to think this is "the plan", if you can even call it that.

Let Glennon continue to stink out the rest of the year.  Jettison him, and have Minshew step back in for the first few weeks of next year to keep people "interested", and then pull the typical rookie sub-in maneuver when Minshew inevitably leads the team to a poor record.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Have to think this is "the plan", if you can even call it that.

Let Glennon continue to stink out the rest of the year.  Jettison him, and have Minshew step back in for the first few weeks of next year to keep people "interested", and then pull the typical rookie sub-in maneuver when Minshew inevitably leads the team to a poor record.

😬 I don’t know if a new GM will go this route I can totally see the new GM getting what he can for Minshew before the season starts. If Caldwell was still the GM I could totally see the above happening. But a new GM is going to generally want to clean house if we had a late first rounder and we drafted a QB I could see the above plan working out as well but drafting a QB 2 🤨.... I don’t know. That is pretty much clear cut they want that guy to be the man from the gate.

Edited by DuvalsKing

18 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

😬 I don’t know if a new GM will go this route I can totally see the new GM getting what he can for Minshew before the season starts. If Caldwell was still the GM I could totally see the above happening. But a new GM is going to generally want to clean house if we had a late first rounder and we drafted a QB I could see the above plan working out as well but drafting a QB 2 🤨.... I don’t know. That is pretty much clear cut they want that guy to be the man from the gate.

Ehh, we saw Tua get brought along slowly and that was the original plan with Herbert until that freak thing with Tyrod. Tua had maybe a little to do with the injury last year but still...

Personally, I'm here for the rookie to sit a few games and take everything in/learn how a pro does it. Think that can be valuable. Barring an injury, that's likely the only time a QB taken top 5-10 is going to have that opportunity.

17 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Will the firing of Caldwell provide a spark for the Jaguars this week you think?

I think your team has a good amount of pieces established on your team. It just needs finishing.

GM has like nothing to do with the day to day operations/a lot of these guys probably rarely see Caldwell. So I don't think so.

Idk about established pieces, but there's some young talent. The injury bug has hit us hard on the defensive side of the ball. If Glennon plays similar to last week (competent QB play) with Chark in the fold now the offense could produce some sparks though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

GM has like nothing to do with the day to day operations/a lot of these guys probably rarely see Caldwell. So I don't think so.

Idk about established pieces, but there's some young talent. The injury bug has hit us hard on the defensive side of the ball. If Glennon plays similar to last week (competent QB play) with Chark in the fold now the offense could produce some sparks though.

Its too bad Glennon didn't start vs GB. You guys probably win that game with even average QB play (or less penalties).

Good luck!