Warner Bros. to release ENTIRE 2021 Slate on HBOmax and Theaters

August4th

The studio's 2021 slate includes projects such as The Suicide Squad, The Matrix 4,  Dune, Godzilla vs. Kong and Space Jam: A New Legacy. Other films include Little Things, Judas and the Black Messiah, Tom & Jerry, Mortal Kombat, Those Who Wish Me Dead, The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It, In The Heights, Reminiscence, Malignant, The Many Saints of Newark, King Richard and Cry Macho.

big hitters from the article for you non-clickers

17 films — including 'The Matrix 4,' 'The Suicide Squad' and 'Dune' to its streaming service for 31 days the same day they hit theaters.

Warner Bros. stresses that these are pandemic-only rules, but once a something is broken, can you really put it back together again? This also raises serious concerns about the landscape of movie-going in 2021.

"...we have to balance this with the reality that most theaters in the U.S. will likely operate at reduced capacity throughout 2021. With this unique one-year plan, we can support our partners in exhibition with a steady pipeline of world-class films, while also giving moviegoers who may not have access to theaters or aren’t quite ready to go back to the movies the chance to see our amazing 2021 films. We see it as a win-win for film lovers and exhibitors, and we’re extremely grateful to our filmmaking partners for working with us on this innovative response to these circumstances.”

Universal has already shortened theatrical windows via its unique VOD plan, which was put in place because of the pandemic.

HBO Max must really be struggling. As I understand it, their subscription numbers were definitely not as high as they wanted them to be. I have it, and honestly, I kind of love it, though I agree that they need to get something set up with Roku. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

HBO Max must really be struggling. As I understand it, their subscription numbers were definitely not as high as they wanted them to be. I have it, and honestly, I kind of love it, though I agree that they need to get something set up with Roku. 

they dropped the ball on marketing imo but they have a shot at being the best streaming site out there with the  WB/HBO library and the talent they can get for original stuff

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Which is crazy. It has the best lineup of shows + movies.

• Like 1