- Iowa Hawkeyes Thread -

WizardHawk

17 hours ago, adamq said:

I dont know if I can watch Spencer Petras again. Is there no one else? NO ONE?

No, the stadium is going to lose it Saturday if he struggles early which is pretty likely. I don't know what his deal is but I thought the play calling was fine, we couldn't run which didn't help and the O-Line is still not up to the Ferentz standard just like last year, outside of Linderbaum of course. Petras may look fine in practice but during live game action he just doesn't have it. There were I think 5 pass plays where the O-Line did their job pass blocking and he wasn't even close to completing the passes. Give Padilla another chance, put in a Freshman, or go find a transfer for gods sake we are wasting an elite defense, punter, and special teams (FG Kicker TBD), and another NFL Tight End

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 11:16 AM, TakeTheBallDeep said:

No, the stadium is going to lose it Saturday if he struggles early which is pretty likely. I don't know what his deal is but I thought the play calling was fine, we couldn't run which didn't help and the O-Line is still not up to the Ferentz standard just like last year, outside of Linderbaum of course. Petras may look fine in practice but during live game action he just doesn't have it. There were I think 5 pass plays where the O-Line did their job pass blocking and he wasn't even close to completing the passes. Give Padilla another chance, put in a Freshman, or go find a transfer for gods sake we are wasting an elite defense, punter, and special teams (FG Kicker TBD), and another NFL Tight End

Not an Iowa fan but felt like chiming in here. Forget about Padilla and Petras, see what you have in Joey Labas. He didn't play the best level of talent in Ohio but he looks way more natural as a passer than Petras and Padilla ever have. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...