Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The comeback would of not even been needed if the offense didn't settle for 4 Redzone field goals. You guys claim to watch games which I'm questioning highly....and then say it is a team game but only blame the defense for Losses. 

Miami has the #4 ranked defense in scoring.  We managed to put up 25.  They averaged 21 on the season.  We did better than average.  Tua literally did nothing for half the game before Fitzpatrick came in to save the day.  Fitz was going to tear our defense up and he did.  The defense gave up 13 in the 4th.  You going to place any blame on them or do they get a free pass?  I couldn't care less whether you think I watch the games or not.  I clearly sight specific plays where our team loses the game and you talk about 25 points against the #4 scoring defense like we played terribly.  DC had us in position to win and the defense, when it MATTERED during the last minute of the 4TH QUARTER, came up short.

23 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Carr haters say anything to justify their bias, watch a game and see what the problem is. We got a defense that gets shredded weekly, gives up points with 19 seconds and no timeouts, last minute 92 yard TDs to keep teams in games and yall wanna replace a top 10 QB? Look at what Watson did with his supporting cast in Houston, 4 wins, and yall nut ride him like no other, Watson is great, no doubt and ive been on record saying he should have been the #1 pick his year, but my point is, football is a team game, and yes there are QBs who elevate their teams, but they have to have something to work with. Mahomes wouldnt be Mahomes without Tyreek, Kelce and Reid.

so the same question i posed last year on the Carr topic, because unlike the haters, im open minded. Since yall want to replace him, my question is, with who? Who can we afford with our cap situation, DC is currently making below average starting QB money, and still be able to fill out the roster?  

Easy Mariota and draft a qb.

the 7-9, 8-8 moral victories were cool for a while but all or nothing now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol defense is supposed to pitch shutouts until the offense wakes up.

We were on a roll 5/6 iirc games in a row with a 3 and out first offensive possession every game. That’s not how you start games.

It is a offensive league. Same excuses every year with the same results with the longest tenured player at the helm. 7-9 and 8-8 years. 

14 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Easy Mariota and draft a qb.

the 7-9, 8-8 moral victories were cool for a while but all or nothing now. 

Mariota did nothing for the Titans.  They replaced him and now they've gone to the playoffs in back to back years.  Mariota will end up disappointing us IMO.

It's kind of hard to pin it all on Carr when our defense played so poorly this season. In our 8 wins our defense allowed 23.6 ppg and in our 8 losses our defense allowed 36.1 ppg. The only loss we had all season where our defense allowed less than 30 points was the Miami game. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It is a offensive league. Same excuses every year with the same results with the longest tenured player at the helm. 7-9 and 8-8 years. 

The fact that you cite his time with our team like that's the reason why we have so many losing seasons blows my mind.  Like our defense being bottom 5 every single year is not the problem.  The turnover in players is not the problem.  The 4 coaches he's played under with even more OCs is not the problem.  You cite the only consistent good thing we have going for us as if its the primary problem.  If he was so bad and needed to be replaced why hasn't it happened?  You need to go watch J. Russell Raiders highlights (lowlights?) and remember what we had before DC got here.  Nothing.  

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Mariota did nothing for the Titans.  They replaced him and now they've gone to the playoffs in back to back years.  Mariota will end up disappointing us IMO.

Let’s do that let him fail then. Rather go 2-14 than 7-9 or 8-8. Moral victories are old we celebrate 8-8 seasons that’s sad. 

Just now, Jerry said:

The fact that you cite his time with our team like that's the reason why we have so many losing seasons blows my mind.  Like our defense being bottom 5 every single year is not the problem.  The turnover in players is not the problem.  The 4 coaches he's played under with even more OCs is not the problem.  You cite the only consistent good thing we have going for us as if its the primary problem.  If he was so bad and needed to be replaced why hasn't it happened?  You need to go watch J. Russell Raiders highlights (lowlights?) and remember what we had before DC got here.  Nothing.  

Even HOF QB's like Brees, Manning, Brady, etc. having a below .500 record when the opposing team scores 30+, it's literally impossible to win if your D is as bad as ours was this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's kind of hard to pin it all on Carr when our defense played so poorly this season. In our 8 wins our defense allowed 23.6 ppg and in our 8 losses our defense allowed 36.1 ppg. The only loss we had all season where our defense allowed less than 30 points was the Miami game. 

You counting pick 6’s also?

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Didn’t Jr have a better win %?

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Let’s do that let him fail then. Rather go 2-14 than 7-9 or 8-8. Moral victories are old we celebrate 8-8 seasons that’s sad. 

Yeah no bro I'm good.  I'd rather us be on the cusp of a playoff team with literally a bottom 3 defense then just crap on our offense and be another 3-4 years away from contending again.  I really can't believe this is an argument.  It's like you're secretly not a Raiders fan at all.  How would any fan want to watch us lose 14 games in a season.  Now I'm starting to wonder if you secretly hate the Raiders or something.

• Like 1

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

You counting pick 6’s also?

Not going to dive that deep into it, just highlighting that in the games we lost the other team scored 36.1 ppg and in the games we won the other team scored 23.6 ppg. Even the greatest QB's of all time have losing records when the other team scores 30+ it's just impossible to sustain success when your D is so terrible. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Watson was responsible for 88% of his teams TDs. An NFL record. He would be a clear upgrade at QB

I watched all the games and the defense was bad but they weren't 100% of the problem.  7 years starting and 6 non winning seasons

Here is a list of teams that allowed 29.9 PPG or more (Raiders allowed 29.9 this season)   
                                Record  PF    PA

1966 New York Giants 1-12-1 18.8 35.8 0.107 2
1981 Baltimore Colts 2-14-0 16.2 33.3 0.125
2008 Detroit Lions 0-16-0 16.8 32.3 0.000
1972 New England Patriots 3-11-0 13.7 31.9 0.214
1973 Houston Oilers 1-13-0 14.2 31.9 0.071
1966 Atlanta Falcons 3-11-0 14.6 31.2 0.214
2009 Detroit Lions 2-14-0 16.4 30.9 0.125
2019 Miami Dolphins 5-11-0 19.1 30.9 0.313
1975 New York Jets 3-11-0 18.4 30.9 0.214
2011 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-12-0 17.9 30.9 0.250
2005 St. Louis Rams 6-10-0 22.7 30.8 0.375
1976 Seattle Seahawks 2-12-0 16.4 30.6 0.143
2001 Indianapolis Colts 6-10-0 25.8 30.4 0.375
1980 New Orleans Saints 1-15-0 18.2 30.4 0.062
1984 Minnesota Vikings 3-13-0 17.3 30.3 0.188
1967 Atlanta Falcons 1-12-1 12.5 30.1 0.107
2013 Minnesota Vikings 5-10-1 24.4 30.0 0.344
2016 San Francisco 49ers 2-14-0 19.3 30.0 0.125
2013 Washington Redskins 3-13-0 20.9 29.9 0.188

look at those records, they are terrible. We managed 8-8 which is the best a team has ever done giving up that many points in a game. 
That is clearly the problem with our team. Not O, not Scoring. Not our QB
We give up too many points per game. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Yeah no bro I'm good.  I'd rather us be on the cusp of a playoff team with literally a bottom 3 defense then just crap on our offense and be another 3-4 years away from contending again.  I really can't believe this is an argument.  It's like you're secretly not a Raiders fan at all.  How would any fan want to watch us lose 14 games in a season.  Now I'm starting to wonder if you secretly hate the Raiders or something.

Actually I like the raiders more than carr and imo you like carr more than the raiders. 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Didn’t Jr have a better win %?

You do realize JR had 18 TDs and 23 INTs in essentially two seasons, right?  I'm not going to keep looking up meaningless stats.  I'm just going to leave you with your crazy beliefs.