MNF Game 2: Bills @ 49ers

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Bills
    • 49ers

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

Oh, I'm not in any way saying it wasn't earned or trying to take anything away. It was a fantastic game and you earned it.

I'm just saying it hurt, and that we were literal seconds away from a huge feat.

Ah.  Yeah, some like to take it away as a legit win it seems.   Especially since we hit a slide afterwards once Murray got hurt so acting like we just got lucky.

You guys will battle the Chiefs in the Championship.

Edited by Zalixar

9 hours ago, Zalixar said:

Yes...but no one talks about how of a ridiculous catch 30 seconds before...

Or the kicker that hit 3 50+ Fgs, all career bests.  Like hardly ever happened at all for 3 50+ Fg's made in a game. (including one hitting uprights and going in). 

It was close, but you caught breaks and that was our break.

We did pay Hopkins for this very thing.

There wasn’t really anything ridiculous about Diggs catch in the end zone for the go ahead TD. Not in comparison.

Also saying Bass field goals were career best is a little misleading seeing as he’s a rookie. He’s also been on fire since week 6 so it’s not surprising he was able to get those field goals in a dome. He was drafted because of his leg.

You’re right, both teams caught breaks, but one team has won 5 of their last 6 and one has lost 4 of their last 5. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the Cards got more lucky getting that win. In the end, it likely won’t matter for the Bills. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

There wasn’t really anything ridiculous about Diggs catch in the end zone for the go ahead TD. Not in comparison.

Also saying Bass field goals were career best is a little misleading seeing as he’s a rookie. He’s also been on fire since week 6 so it’s not surprising he was able to get those field goals in a dome. He was drafted because of his leg.

You’re right, both teams caught breaks, but one team has won 5 of their last 6 and one has lost 4 of their last 5. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the Cards got more lucky getting that win. In the end, it likely won’t matter for the Bills. 

It's very unlikely to nail multiple 50+ yarders in a game, even as an experienced veteran.  3 has only been done a handful of times.  Especially one hitting uprights and going in.  We had to do 3 FG at the 5 yard line.

It was a pretty ridiculous catch and throw.

Well if we had a halfway decent kicker, we'd be at least 2-3 wins more, but our kicker sucks and is one of the worst kicking %, especially for the 40 yard range, even going back last year..  No Card fan understands why hes still on the team.  KM injury has completely disrailed our offense. 

9 hours ago, Zalixar said:

It's very unlikely to nail multiple 50+ yarders in a game, even as an experienced veteran.  3 has only been done a handful of times.  Especially one hitting uprights and going in.  We had to do 3 FG at the 5 yard line.

It was a pretty ridiculous catch and throw.

Well if we had a halfway decent kicker, we'd be at least 2-3 wins more, but our kicker sucks and is one of the worst kicking %, especially for the 40 yard range, even going back last year..  No Card fan understands why hes still on the team.  KM injury has completely disrailed our offense. 

Even if he missed one of those field goals, the touchdown to Diggs, which again wasn’t that ridiculous and is definitely a play that happens in the NFL way more often then a Hail Mary TD, would have put the Bills ahead. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Even if he missed one of those field goals, the touchdown to Diggs, which again wasn’t that ridiculous and is definitely a play that happens in the NFL way more often then a Hail Mary TD, would have put the Bills ahead. 

It's not the most ridiculous catch ever, no.  But still a very nice catch and throw...with seconds left in the game.

We also specifically sought out, traded for, and paid a player to do those things, possible THE best player to do that exact thing.  So it certainly wasn't completely random when it works out. 

Well, if he missed a FG we'd have ridic nice field position the following drive.

Either way it was a good close game, and the caliber we can play at with (relatively) full strength.

Edited by Zalixar

On 12/7/2020 at 11:15 PM, Forge said:

If anyone needs a TE, Jordan Reed seriously has some gas left in the tank. You obviously can't trust him to stay healthy, but if you can use him as a 1b tight end, you can get smoe super good value. 

You don't think we will resign him?

35 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think SF will be really tough next year. They should get a QB but a 4th place schedule and being healthy should allow them to fight for their division title in 2021.

I think they also need a long term answer at RB but they don't need to spend a premium pick there I think.

I don’t know if 49ers fans would want him, but from a fantasy perspective I hope Chris Carson goes there in free agency.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think SF will be really tough next year. They should get a QB but a 4th place schedule and being healthy should allow them to fight for their division title in 2021.

I think they also need a long term answer at RB but they don't need to spend a premium pick there I think.

There will definitely a long term answer needed, but Mostert is under contract next season, and he should definitely be the 1A. The guy has average nearly 6 yards a carry during his 49er tenure, so I Don't think that anyone is keen on replacing him in the immediate future. After that, it's basically Wilson and Hasty, so you can easily spend a pick or sign a guy on the cheap to see about getting better at the position as a whole. 

• Like 1