Prospects to keep an eye on..spring edition

indifference

53 minutes ago, indifference said:

Yeah Rosseau is falling like a rock. 4.74 is not going to cut it especially at a pro day where numbers supposed to be inflated.

R2 prospect high upside guy that some team will take a shot on. Bucs are “some team”. Vea, Shaq would make his life easy here. 

honestly never saw anything i liked on tape anyway from Rousseau, been saying it

Philips killed it with that time though, only thing that will be a question is his injury history

2 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

honestly never saw anything i liked on tape anyway from Rousseau, been saying it

Philips killed it with that time though, only thing that will be a question is his injury history

He will fall IMO

The medical history is a red flag for most teams. Teams looking for players who are durable in a 17 game regular season. 

1 hour ago, indifference said:

He will fall IMO

The medical history is a red flag for most teams. Teams looking for players who are durable in a 17 game regular season. 

I guess it depends on how teams severity of an injury.  Is a head injury more concerning then a knee injury as an example?  Jeffery Simmons torn ACL top 15 pick.  Our own Jamel Dean multiple knee injuries (granted 2nd rd).  Maybe head injury is prioritized.  I find it hard to believe not one 1st rd pick ever did not have at least one concussion in college. 

I feel that since Phillips plays a premium position with good production, he won t drop out of the 20s with his athleticism. His off field doesn t involve any type of percieved criminal behavior. 

For the Bucs, I would be shocked if Licht traded up for any prospect in the first rd.  Later in the draft, sure because that has been his M.O.  

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I guess it depends on how teams severity of an injury.  Is a head injury more concerning then a knee injury as an example?  Jeffery Simmons torn ACL top 15 pick.  Our own Jamel Dean multiple knee injuries (granted 2nd rd).  Maybe head injury is prioritized.  I find it hard to believe not one 1st rd pick ever did not have at least one concussion in college. 

I feel that since Phillips plays a premium position with good production, he won t drop out of the 20s with his athleticism. His off field doesn t involve any type of percieved criminal behavior. 

For the Bucs, I would be shocked if Licht traded up for any prospect in the first rd.  Later in the draft, sure because that has been his M.O.  

Phillips has many things going for him that will help. He has recent film work, tested well, and lastly in a draft class where they arent any consensus top edge rusher. I’ve seen the kid from Michigan projected to go in the teens range 12-18 ish. The first edge rusher goes there then its Ossai or Phillips or Azeez next? The #2 edge is not really clear cut to me and there’s imo a chance he may fall to us possibly. If ima team and dont see that much of a difference in terms of pass rush talent and upside between those 3 guys you are more prone to go for a guy that has no injury history. Concussions happen thats football but three of them, is not good when you barley played at that. Overtime that stuff wears on you and if he gets lets say 1 or 2 more, he may be done for his career. Similar situation that happened with Jahvid Best.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, indifference said:

Wow I was just about to come here and post that. This could apply for EDGE, ILB, and S. 

I m thinking ILB or OLB.  They may even draft a prospect like Zaven Collins early.  They could put him in sub packages and still leave David and White on the field.  

Just now, ravishingone said:

I m thinking ILB or OLB.  They may even draft a prospect like Zaven Collins early.  They could put him in sub packages and still leave David and White on the field.  

Collins is a stud, he can even be asked to rush too. Not mad at it. Collins, White, David is some serious play making. Bowles can really get creative with in his blitz scheme. I feel comfortable asking Zaven to drop in coverage after lining up at OLB.

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

Collins is a stud, he can even be asked to rush too. Not mad at it. Collins, White, David is some serious play making. Bowles can really get creative with in his blitz scheme. I feel comfortable asking Zaven to drop in coverage after lining up at OLB.

Ossai played inside for Texas also.  I think they understand how the defense got exposed when White went out.  They still have no speed behind White and David.

I think BA just tipped his hand where they believe the roster is lacking right now.

• Like 1